A disability in one or more of the fundamental psychological methods included in understanding or using language, spoken or written, that manifests itself in an imperfect ability to listen, talk, read, spell, or do mathematical calculations is referred to as learning disabilities.
The Learning Disabilities curriculum is a modern course designed for aspiring/working teachers and special education needs teachers who want to improve their skills. The course provides potential global educators with the necessary skills and strategies to meet the needs of special needs students.
Learning disability training would provide candidates with an understanding of the different forms of learning disabilities and how they impact care practices. Students must be trained to think on their feet and learn to recognize and manage the needs of each individual in their care, as learning disabilities come in a variety of ways.
List of Best Learning Disability Courses in India
1. Ultimate Course Of Learning Disability And Dyslexia
This course will assist students and individuals who are dealing with a learning disorder, primarily dyslexia. They can learn the patterns of dyslexia and how to deal with it joyfully to live a happier life. The role of parents is critical in assisting children in developing their faith and courage. The school environment, as well as the actions and motivation of teachers, will enrich the student’s personality.
Who can take this course: Each and every person.
What you’ll learn: How to deal with dyslexia and disability.
Instructor: Abha Agrawal
Duration: 43 min
2. Safal Teachers Training – Diploma in Learning Disabilities
This course’s curriculum was created by trained educators to help students develop expertise in recognizing various developmental trends in the areas of vision, voice, hearing, language, and communication. It will help students learn how to prepare, execute, and assess remediation measures in the classroom. Students will gain a thorough understanding of different forms of disabilities and how to deal with them. They will gain a better understanding of and respect for various teaching methods used with special children, as well as realistic approaches to those strategies.
Who Should Join?
- A teacher or prospective teacher with a strong desire to work with children with learning disabilities.
- A principal or coordinator of schools for children with special needs.
- A mother who wishes to educate her learning-disabled boy.
- A tutor who wants to begin teaching lessons to children with learning disabilities.
- Anyone who wants to help them by educating children with learning disabilities.
Course Duration: 50 hrs
Batch sizes and timing: Flexibility is used wherever possible to accommodate the needs of students.
3. Asian College of Teachers – Learning Disabilities Course
If you want to get into the field of learning disabilities, enroll in one of the Asian College of Teachers’ Learning Disabilities courses, which are available at the degree, diploma, and postgraduate levels. You will gain a thorough understanding of learning disabilities and be able to make a real difference as an educator in an inclusive classroom. The course will give you a detailed understanding of the various forms of behavior associated with learning disabilities and how to recognize them in different learners. It will also provide you with the necessary techniques and methods to use to maintain a positive relationship with your students and create a conducive learning environment.
For whom is this course intended:
- In inclusive classrooms, teachers play a key role.
- SEN teachers or aspiring/working teachers.
- Teachers-in-training responsible teachers.
- Aspiring entrepreneurs who want to open a crèche or a day-care center.
- Advisors/counselors in educational institutes.
Certificate Course Duration & Fees:
- Certificate courses last four months, diploma courses eight months, and PG diploma courses twelve months.
- Fast-track options are available for certain courses.
- Candidates will study at their speed and in their own time.
- The course can be accessed at any time and from any place.
- Completely online with provisions for doubt-clearing sessions, with prices ranging from 13000 INR to 35000 INR ACT has a globally recognized certificate.
- Obtain an extra certificate from CACHE for PG graduates.
What is your preferred method of education?
- With Diploma and PG Diploma programs, online learning is combined with live online sessions.
- Session topics include: Introduction to the course, inclusive teaching skills in the twenty-first century, and placement Course is available at any time and from any location on the planet.
- Since it’s an online curriculum, you can fit it in with your other commitments.
- Materials for in-depth research Throughout the program, their coordinators and tutors provide assistance and guidance.
- At the end of each module, there are assignments. The support team is available to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
4. SNDT Women’s University – PG Diploma In Management Of Learning Disability
SNDT Women’s University in Mumbai founded the Department of Special Education in 1977, which later became the Centre of Special Education in 1997, to produce qualified professionals. The first of its kind to provide Special Education Training at the bachelor’s degree level to women graduates who choose to educate and treat children with a variety of special needs. If given the chance, the necessary tools, and a professional instructor, all children will achieve their full potential. Special education is designed to meet the needs of disabled children.
- Minimum of 50% in graduation
- Minimum of 45 percent for candidates belonging to the reserved group, as per current government rules.
5. Post Graduate Diploma in Learning Disability and ADHD Management
This course will mold you into a professional capable of dealing with children who are having difficulty learning and inspiring you to assist them in overcoming their difficulties.
- Domains in Educational Psychology are well understood.
- Learning Disability Practices: Up-to-Date Information
- Job experience with a variety of student populations and understanding of academic evaluations
- Expertise in Managing Learning Disability
- Expertise in facilitating academic achievement empowerment activities for pupils, teachers, and parents.
- Expertise to help you be more successful in your career
- Learning with the support of a trainer
- Guide available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Email and chat support are available.
- Each module includes reference materials such as eBooks, manuals, PowerPoint presentations, and maps.
- Each module has its activity as well as some practical assignments to aid comprehension.
- For further hands-on experience, cases and vignettes will be presented.
- The supplies you’ll need to continue your education are included.
- There will be no exams; you will be evaluated solely on your coursework.
- Each module has its manual.
- Wherever possible, use e-books.
- Learning aids such as charts and diagrams (as required)
- For best practice, use cases and vignettes.
- Sheets for Informal Academic Assessment
- There are videos available (as required)
- Email support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 10+2+3/4 or post-graduates or others pursuing a post-graduate degree in psychology, humanities, social work, human resource management, or education.
- Many with teaching or medical experience who are interested in learning disabilities and ADHD are also encouraged to apply.
- PYPY099 – Psychology Module (3 credits) is an optional course for those who do not have a psychology background.
6. Manav Rachna University – B.Ed. in Special Education (Learning Disabilities) Course
MRU is a leading State Private University (established by Haryana State Legislature Act No 26 of 2014 & under section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956) that provides globally relevant education. MRU is identified on the Haryana government’s official website.
The Government of Haryana has approved Manav Rachna University’s Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Special Education (Learning Disabilities), which is subject to RCI approval.
Course Duration – 2 Years
Intake Capacity: 30
Course Fees: INR 1,26,000
Pass with 60 percent or more in aggregate in a bachelor’s degree and/or a master’s degree in sciences, social sciences, or humanities, or a bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology with a specialization in science and mathematics with 55 percent, or some other qualification comparable thereto.
- The Department’s B.Ed. Special Education Program has been approved by the Rehabilitation Council of India and the Government of Haryana.
- The theoretical orientation of various types of learning disorders, their recognition, evaluation, interventions, and other significant aspects would be imparted by special educators and specialists working in the field through a well-designed curriculum.
- Close partnership with the Society for Advanced Study in Rehabilitation (SASR), MRIS’s Special Education Needs Department (SEN), and other organizations operating in the area as support networks aim to provide trainees with applied and field-based engagement/internship.
- The program’s main goal is to sensitize trainees from the inside out by cultivating the humane aspects of their personalities through emerging activities such as personal reflection and the use of artistic expressions such as dance, drama, and theatre.
7. British Learning – Diploma in Learning Disabilities
The Diploma in Learning Disabilities course is designed especially for preschool teachers to educate and sensitize them about children with learning disabilities.
Learning Disability is a neurological condition that impairs the brain’s ability to receive, process, store, and responds to information. Traditional teaching approaches commonly trigger reading, writing, spelling, and reasoning problems in children with learning disabilities.
This course is designed for potential teachers and parents who want to learn new skills and understand different developmental trends in the fields of speech, language, communication, and hearing and vision impairment.
- In any discipline, a 10+2 or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Applicants must be both aspiring and professional teachers who want to specialize.
- The course will last 120 hours.
- This Diploma Course must be completed within a six-month time frame.
- The course can also be done in a Fast Track Mode so you can select your learning speed.
- Learning Disability is a neurological condition that impairs the brain’s ability to receive, process, store, and responds to information.
- Traditional teaching approaches commonly trigger reading, writing, spelling, and reasoning problems in children with learning disabilities.
Certification: British Learning offers an internationally recognized diploma certificate.
8. National Academy – Special Education & Learning Disability Course
National Academy, which was founded in 1975, is one of Mumbai’s largest training institutes and a well-known name in the field of preschool teacher training. The National Academy is a division of the Uttarakhand Education Trust, which is registered under the number E-24636 (Mumbai). National Academy was established to provide the. Each course aims students with a high-quality education in the teaching sector.
They provide Special Education & Learning Disability Courses which is one of the best courses on this list.
Whom is it for?
This course is designed for
- Working teachers
- Mental health practitioners
- Parents who want to learn more about LD and related conditions.
- In a school, to understand the needs of children with special education needs.
- Develop the skills needed to work successfully with special needs children in an inclusive setting.
- To raise community awareness and understanding of children with special needs.
- You may work as an associate with a special educator or remedial center and then go out on your own to provide remediation. You may also collaborate with non-governmental organizations (NGOs) working in the field of education.
- Furthermore, the course will undoubtedly assist parents in becoming more sensitive and motivated to deal with academic issues affecting their children and others in their community.
Duration: 5 month
9. Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School
Managing ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Concussion in School is the next course in their School Health specialty. The most common developmental and behavioral disorders affecting children, such as ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, learning disorders, and concussions, will be discussed in this course. They’ll look at how schools and teachers can help children by identifying and acknowledging common signs and the diagnosis process.
You’ll be exposed to situations that give you firsthand experience as a clinician dealing with children with ADHD. They’ll go over treatment options for some of the more common developmental and behavioral conditions. They’ll then go through two interview modules, one about autism and the other about learning disabilities. Finally, they’ll go over what concussions are, how they happen, and how to treat them.
Mode: Online (Start learning right away and at your own pace.)
Certification: After you’ve completed the course, you’ll receive a certificate that can be shared.
Language: English (Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Vietnamese, German, Russian, English, and Spanish are among the subtitles available.)
Duration: Took about 9 hours to finish (Self-Paced Course).
10. AVM Institute of Special Education – Introduction to Learning Disabilities Course
The Arya Vidya Mandir Institute of Special Education aspires to create a community of caregivers who will provide students with a safe and nurturing learning environment. We do this by providing teachers, parents of special needs children, and educational professionals with skills and strategies to ensure that children cultivate a passion for learning and achieve their full potential as contributing members of society.
Introduction to Learning Disabilities is a part-time certificate course offered by the AVM Institute of Special Education. It is available to all educators, parents, clinicians, and those involved in the area of child protection and education. The course’s aim is to raise awareness of students’ academic learning challenges. The trainees learn to look at the issue holistically, from the perspectives of parents, teachers, and students. The course is split into two parts: June and November. In addition to the practical work by case studies, each module has 140 hours of classroom instruction.
- Disseminate information on learning disabilities.
- Educate teachers on how to spot students with learning disabilities.
- Improve teachers’ abilities to adapt the classroom atmosphere to accommodate students with special needs.
- Assist parents in comprehending their children’s difficulties.
- Participants will be taught a variety of techniques to help students learn more effectively.
- Participants’ perspectives on teaching and learning are changed, resulting in a more favorable learning environment.
- All students must have completed H.S.C. or its equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Regular school teachers, special educators, parents of children with special needs, and those in the education sector.
- Personal interviews may be used to pick candidates.
Duration: 4 Months
Mode: On Campus