Teaching English as a Foreign Language is abbreviated as TEFL. The TEFL courses are well-designed programs that instruct tutors on how to use various teaching methods. As the demand for learning English has increased dramatically, so has the demand for qualified EFL teachers all over the world. Since the teachers must work with non-native speakers, a different approach than standard English instruction is needed.
List of Best TEFL Courses & Certifications [Online & Offline] in India
1. Asian College of Teachers – Diploma in Teaching with a specialization in TEFL
Asian College of Teachers (ACT), a multi-award winning teacher training organisation in Asia, has redefined teacher education by incorporating the latest teaching and learning methodologies while imparting training to teaching aspirants not only in modern pedagogical approaches but also in pre-service teacher preparation.
Duration: 220 hrs
Fees: 29999/- rupees (18 percent GST as applicable)
Requirements: English Communication & writing.
What will you learn?
- The course covers both traditional teaching methods and ESL/EFL teaching approaches.
- Trainees gain practical teaching skills as well as a comprehensive understanding of current teaching styles, such as TEFL methods.
- Modern teaching methods, English as foreign language comprehension, and lesson planning are all covered in detail in this course.
- Each of the four language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) is combined.
2. London College of Teachers – TEFL Course in Mumbai
International TEFL Canada is a globally recognised TEFL organisation that offers TEFL and TESOL aspirants partnerships, certifications, and membership. Academicians with decades of experience and knowledge in the area of ESL and teaching from all over the world make up the company. They founded the organisation to give candidates the best in the ESL teaching programme by combining their experience and knowledge on the subject. The London College of Teachers is honoured to be an institutional affiliate of this prestigious organisation, which provides an internationally recognised TEFL course.
Duration of the course: Full-time for 3 weeks (150 hours)
Fees for Courses: INR 50,000 (inclusive GST)
- Throughout the course, They will assist their station candidates with finding housing.
- Candidates will receive all necessary information from their representative in Mumbai.
3. TEFL Masterclass: A Complete 120 Hours TEFL Guide
Making educational decisions online has never been simpler, more accessible, or more relevant, and you trust Alpha Academy with your future. Take this TEFL Masterclass: A Complete 120 Hours TEFL Guide to learn how to stand out from the crowd and demonstrate your true potential to employers and customers.
If you want to learn about the TEFL course with us, you can gain the trust, knowledge, and skills necessary to take your career to new heights.
Requirements: This course, which can be taken part-time or full-time, does not have any clear entry criteria.
Who this course is for:
Existing professionals and newcomers in this field will improve their expertise and knowledge of the subject by taking their globally recognised course, which could help you advance your career path.
What you’ll learn:
- With an industry-recognized TEFL certification, you can jumpstart your career.
- Learn how to teach non-native English speakers grammar and vocabulary.
- Encourage students to improve their reading, writing, listening, and speaking abilities.
- Familiarize yourself with a variety of TEFL teaching methods.
- As an instructor, improve your English pronunciation and linguistic abilities.
Duration: 3.5 hrs
4. Henry Harvin – 120-hours TEFL / TESOL Online Certification Course in Mumbai
The Henry Harvin EFL Academy provides a 100% online TEFL course with unrivalled flexibility, universal acceptability, and reputation.
The 120-hour TEFL course is a common choice among those who enrol in Henry Harvin EFL Academy. There are 11 core units in this course, each with comprehensive training and resource content. Some units will be identified as mandatory and others as optional based on the learners’ competency.
- 36 hours of instructor-led interactive core sessions
- Following that, there will be 24 hours of Bootcamps spread out over the next 12 months.
- Access to 60 hours of e-learning, including a wealth of teaching resources and strategies, video material, tests, and more.
- Attend as many batches as you like for the next year from the time you enrol, and you won’t have to pay anything extra.
- Henry Harvin Education offers TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification.
- The American Association of EFL offers a prestigious certification (AAEFL).
- After passing the Cambridge TKT examination, you can receive a TEFL certification from Cambridge.
- After passing their test, you can receive an additional TEFL certification from Training Qualifications UK.
- The Microsoft Certified Educator Program allows students to become Microsoft certified.
5. American Tesol Institute – TEFL Course in Kolkata
The Online TEFL course from the American TESOL Institute is an international training programme that provides aspiring EFL/ESL teachers with the most up-to-date methods of successful language teaching, opening up a whole new world of opportunities by assisting in the quest for teaching jobs in the thriving TEFL industry, which ranges from public schools to private language institutes. TEFL certified individuals may also serve as Business English Teachers or Voice and Accent Trainers.
- All high school diploma holders, with or without teaching experience, are welcome to enrol in the courses.
- The course is open to aspiring teachers of any educational or professional experience, but they must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Anyone who has recently graduated from college or is considering a career change is also welcome.
- TESOL Advanced Course – 80 hours
- TESOL Foundation Course – 140 hours
- TESOL Expert Course – 200 hours
Mode: Online / In Class
Specifications of the Program:
- The course content is of international quality.
- Experienced tutors offer guidance.
- A certificate with international recognition.
- Become a licenced EFL instructor and travel to exotic locations.
6. International TEFL and TESOL Training
Since 1993, ITTT has provided high-quality teacher training programmes, graduating thousands of students each year, making them the industry leader in the provision of TEFL/TESOL training courses.
In India, their TEFL/TESOL courses are growing in popularity. The certificate they give you at the end of your course is a well-respected credential that allows you to teach English in India and around the world. Studying an ITTT course in India provides you with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live in a vibrant and fascinating city.
Who can take this course:
This course is for those who have no prior TEFL or TESOL experience, or who want to get their first TEFL certificate, as well as anyone who is currently working or plans to work in the area of English teaching, whether online or in a classroom.
Mode: Online / In Class
Duration: 120 hours
Specifications of the Program:
- Throughout the course, you will have access to a mentor who will direct and assist you.
- Course materials are available in both video and written format. For visual learners, this is ideal.
- A free specialised TEFL/TESOL course is available. Makes you more employable.
7. Intesol Worldwide – 120 hour Online TEFL Course
INTESOL offers a 120-hour online TEFL course for aspiring teachers interested in pursuing a fruitful career in the field of teaching English as a foreign language. EFL teaching can be a rewarding experience for those with a passion for both teaching and travel. The constant advancement of TEFL has resulted in an insatiable demand for trained EFL teachers. Teaching English to children is an inextricable part of EFL instruction. To prepare aspiring teachers for a global teaching career, the TEFL course contains a module on teaching young learners. You’ll discover the most powerful strategies for engaging students and imparting information to them.
Eligibility: Obtain a degree in any area.
Duration: 120 hours ( Completed within 6 months)
Mode: Online ( Self Paced Course)
Fees: INR 15,000
Specifications of the Program:
- Students will be qualified for two certificates from INTESOL and ALAP upon successful completion of the course.
- The certificates are internationally recognised and play an important role in obtaining a teaching job and developing a career.
- More significantly, all students will receive an ALAP transcript, which will serve as their permanent academic record. You will not receive a transcript from any other institute in the world.
8. APTTI – Post Graduate Diploma In TEFL / TESOL
TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) are certification programmes for teachers who choose to teach in another country. While these courses are primarily for English language teachers, subject teachers should enroll if they wish to travel abroad and teach in a country where they are unfamiliar with the local language. This online TEFL course for teachers focuses on the skills and techniques needed to teach in a foreign country. TEFL or TESOL are required credentials for teachers willing to teach any subject in Southeast Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Teachers who work in schools, colleges, and universities must complete a TEFL Online Course. Adult language trainers are hired by corporations and language institutes that are TEFL certified. The course covers four language skills, modern second language teaching methodologies, need-based language teaching, grammar, and lesson planning.
Duration: 280 hours / 10 months
Mode: Online / In Class
Specialization: Teaching Young Learners or Teaching Business English
- Learn the most up-to-date methods for teaching English in other countries.
- In most countries, getting an international certificate is needed.
- Native tutors with decades of experience provide training.
- Throughout the world, we have 100 percent job assistance.
- Methodologies for teaching young children and adults.
9. Coursera – Teaching EFL/ESL Reading: A Task Based Approach
This course takes a task-based approach to teach reading skills in English as a Second or Foreign Language (ESL/EFL). The definition of the task will be introduced, as well as the main concepts of task-based language teaching (TBLT) and learning. The main unit for developing language learning activities in TBLT is communicative tasks. You’ll also look at the importance of reading in everyday life as well as in second and foreign language teaching, as well as current thinking on the TBLT/second language reading interface. Through the analysis of task-based reading resources, you can investigate how TBLT and teaching second language reading can be effectively incorporated in practice.
The course concludes with the development of task-based materials for teaching reading in your language classroom.
Duration: 23 hours ( Self Paced Course)
Mode: Online (Start learning right away and at your own pace.)
Certification: After you’ve completed the course, you’ll receive a certificate that can be shared.
Language: English (Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Vietnamese, German, Russian, English, and Spanish are among the subtitles available.)
10. Oxford TEFL – CertTESOL in Kerala
Oxford TEFL Kerala has everything you’d expect from a modern teacher training centre, and it’s ideal for TEFL certification training.
Their tutors have extensive experience and are Dip TESOL/ Delta trained, and they are ready to assist you during the course.
Duration: 5-week, 134-hour
- A prestigious and globally recognised credential (CELTA equivalent).
- Minimum of 7 hours of teaching experience (6 hours observed).
- Workshops and feedback sessions are both dynamic.
- A learning atmosphere that is constructive, diverse, and welcoming.
- World-class tutors who have a lot of experience.
- Small groups and a welcoming environment.
- A 20-hour introduction course is available for free (included in course fees).
Certification: Participants will receive the official Trinity CertTESOL certificate upon completion of the course, allowing them to work anywhere in the world.
11. Bridge Education – TEFL Course
Bridge Education provides both new and seasoned teachers with an accessible, globally recognised, and certified online TEFL/TESOL certification.
The 120-hour Master TEFL/TESOL Certification course provides teachers of English to speakers of other languages with an accessible, tutor-guided, self-paced certification.
- 18 years of age.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- If English is not your first language, you must have an intermediate or higher level of English proficiency (B1 according to the CEFR, or a score of about 5.0 on the IELTS test).
Duration: 120 hours
Mode: Online (Self Paced Course)
- Examine the personal traits, responsibilities, and behaviours of successful EFL teachers and students.
- Determine the qualities of successful classroom techniques and guidance.
- To help you concentrate on particular areas of language study and instruction, divide English into language systems: vocabulary, grammatical structure, phonology, and feature.
Certification: Certificate of completion and digital badge