ECCED is an abbreviation for Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education. As the name itself indicates that it is a diploma-level teacher training programme with a focus on childhood care and education.
Early childhood education in India includes an ECCE Diploma course that is available to everyone. Anyone over the age of 18 and having a 10+2 level certification can enroll in the ECCE programme.
In this article, we will discuss the course information, length, and eligibility requirements.
List of Best ECCE Courses in India
1. IGNOU – Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education
The Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education is a curriculum for those involved in the field of Early Childhood Care and Education to keep their experience and expertise up to date. It is a one-of-a-kind holistic program that prepares learners to foster the holistic development of young children (i.e., children aged birth to six years) in a variety of settings, including creches, preschools, pre-primary classes, nursery schools and Anganwadi is; and those in charge of such early childhood care and development.
Requirements: 10+2 or a close approximation
Duration: 1 year
Specialization: Childcare and Education in the Early Years
Mode: Distance education that is open to all
Medium: English / Hindi / Tamil
2. Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education (Affiliated to SNDT Women’s University)
Since 1973, SNDT Women’s University has accepted and approved this full-time one-year ECCE course. English is the language of instruction. There is however provision for answering examination papers in Marathi/Hindi. The minimum qualification required is HSC and there is no age bar. Women are empowered through this job-oriented, vocational course, which also introduces them to many scientific concepts such as Nutrition, sanitation, hygiene, and the environment. June to April is the academic session. During April and May, applications are accepted.
Minimum Qualification: SSC Pass
Duration: 1 year
Specialization: Early Childhood Care and Education
3. Ryan Global School – Diploma In Early Childhood Teacher Education Course
The first step toward a career working with young children is to enroll in an Early Childhood Teacher Education (ECTE) programme. The first six years of a child’s life are critical for their growth. Ryan Group’s ECTE course will teach you how to understand and motivate children. Their mission is to teach and prepare ECTE students to understand and improve a child’s emotional, cognitive, artistic, physical, and mental needs.
Requirements: Early Childhood Teacher Education is open to those with a 10+2 standard certification or higher.
Duration: The ECTE (Early Childhood Teacher Education Course) is a one-year programme.
- Passing certificate or mark sheet with the highest qualification.
- Two recent passport size images
Mode: Live Online & In-Person
4. Kanya Maha Vidyalaya Jalandhar – Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education (Credit – Based)
Professionals with a diploma in ECCE (Early Childhood Care and Education) will work in places like nurseries, daycares, Playways, Anganwadis, and non-governmental organisations (involved in educational activities).
Requirements: 10+2 examination in any stream with a minimum of 40% in the aggregate.
Semesters: 2 Semesters (1 Year)
5. Swayam – Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE)
Early childhood education and care is a multidisciplinary area that draws on knowledge from a variety of disciplines, including human development, psychology, sociology, and medicine, especially neuroscience.
The course offers a forum for learners to investigate and focus on the aforementioned issues through a variety of pedagogical strategies such as assignments, discussions, portfolio design, and first-hand experience as an intern, thus enabling you to be a successful ECCE provider.
Category : Teacher Education
Duration: 15 weeks
6. APTTI – Diploma Course in Early Childhood Teacher Training in India
One of the best courses at the APTTI is the Early Childhood Care and Education Course. It is concerned with the care and education of children aged 0 to 6 years. The course is designed for new mothers, primary school teachers, and child caregivers. This course is a turning stone for those interested in learning about the development of young children up to the age of six.
This course covers a variety of teaching methods that help early primary teachers complement their knowledge of children. The aim is to concentrate on young minds and a comprehensive understanding of a child’s developmental stages. The primary goal of the course is to help the child’s mental and physical development.
Requirements: Who have completed their tenth or more classes?
Duration: 200 hours for 10 months.
- All Certificate Modules, as well as Yoga and Nutrition, are included.
- Apparatus used by Montessori.
- Make a schedule for your lesson.
7. British Learning – Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
British Learning’s Early Childhood Care and Education courses are designed to meet the increasing demand for qualified teachers in the Early Childhood Education sector.
- In any discipline, a 10+2 or equivalent qualification from a recognised university is required.
- Applicants must be both aspiring and professional teachers who want to specialise.
- The course will last 120 hours.
- This Diploma Course must be completed within a six-month time frame.
- The course can also be done in a Fast Track Mode so you can select your learning speed.
Mode: The course can be taken online.
British Learning provides an internationally recognised diploma certificate.
8. Asian College of Teachers – Diploma in Early Years Care and Education
Asian College of Teachers’ Diploma in Early Years Care and Education is an advanced level course that focuses on improving children’s growth through the combined effects of education, nutrition, care, and health. The Diploma programme is designed for aspiring and seasoned teachers, mothers, babysitters, and other professionals who want to pursue a rewarding career as an early childhood educator or caregiver in the twenty-first century.
- The minimum entry threshold is 10+2.
- Applicants must be both aspiring and experienced teachers.
- The course will take 120 hours to complete.
- The maximum length of the course is 8 months
- Fast Track mode is available for completing the course quickly.
- The terms “online” and “distance” are not listed.
- The certificates issued by the Asian College of Teachers Program.
- The certificate is endorsed by Training Qualifications in the United Kingdom.
9. International Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education
The International Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education is a course offered by the Institute of International Teachers Training that focuses on the development of cognitive, social, and psychomotor abilities in children during their primary years of life. Early childhood is a crucial stage because the growth of the aforementioned abilities during this period leads to success in a variety of life tasks.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria For Taking Up The Course Is Class 10
Duration: 240 hrs
Training’s Main Focus:
- The course focuses on the development of children’s cognitive, emotional, and psychomotor skills.
- It involves topics that can be taught to primary school children aged 0 to 8.
- The training focuses on accelerating children’s development.
10. E-MAX – Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education ( ECCED)
The Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) course leads to a diploma. It’s a diploma-level teacher training programme with a focus on the job market.
The ECCE course is also recognised as the Diploma of Early Childhood Care and Education. The primary goal of the ECCE course is to improve India’s nursery (pre-primary) teacher workforce. Child education, teaching methodology, nursery level subjects, and communication are among the topics covered by ECCE students. The training transforms 10+2 graduates into qualified nursery teachers.
- Minimum Duration: 1 Year
- Maximum time frame: 4 years
Requirements: Passed a recognised board with a score of 10+2