Fitness trainers are the one who works with people to accomplish their health goals & maintaining them in a fit shape by creating individualized strategies for them. They train individuals in different kinds of exercises for the specific type of fitness objective like building stamina, developing abs, etc. Also, they guide peoples with a detailed nutrition diet to achieve their fitness goals sooner & observe their health journey. Fitness trainers normally work in Gym, Clubs, Hospitals, etc else they can even start their own business if they got good clients.
In the starting of the career a personal trainer can start earning from Rs 15K per month and as the experience increases the salary also increases & if you got good clients then one can earn in lacs.
If you are new in the fitness industry then to become a Fitness Trainer it is recommended to have a certification from a good Institution where you can learn all the relevant concepts related to the fitness industry or else if you are in this industry for a good time then your experience is enough.
Now you would have decided to become a gym trainer but there are so many courses available in the market it is difficult for anyone to choose the right one. So in this article, we have shortlisted some of the best fitness trainer certification courses which are available in India.
Also Read: Best Yoga Teacher Training Courses in India
List of Best Fitness Trainer & Gym Trainer Certification Courses in India [Online & Offline]
1. K11 School of Fitness Sciences
K11 School of Fitness Sciences is headquartered at the financial capital of India i.e. Mumbai. This institute was founded in the year 2003.
Every program they offered in their training center is in-depth and every topic is included after doing rigorous scientific research and is benchmarked as per business standards. Their fitness centers are located in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi & Ahmedabad.
Certification Courses offered by K11 School of Fitness Sciences are:
- Diploma in Personal Training (DPT)
- CPT for Special Populations (CPT-SP)
- Certified Sports Nutritionist (CSN)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) program
Our main focus will be on the Diploma in Personal Training (DPT)
Total sessions in this course will be 47 Theory & 25 Practical
Total fees of the Diploma in Personal Training course will be around Rs 83,200
To know more about course details like Syllabus, Examinations, EMI Options, etc you can visit the official website of K11 School of Fitness Sciences.
2. Integrated Fitness and Sports Institute
Integrated Fitness & Sports Institute or IFSI is one of the well known fastest-growing fitness education providers in India. They have an effective database of more than 10000 Health specialists like Gym Trainer, Fitness Trainer, etc. Their fitness centers are located in Mumbai, Pune & Nashik.
Certification Courses provided by IFSI are:
- Diploma in Personal Trainer Course – 6 Months
- Certified Master of Exercise – 8 Months
- Nutrition for fitness Performance and Sports – 5 Months
- Personal Trainer for Special Population – 4 Months
- Certified Yoga Instructor Course – 3 Months
- Certified SPA & Massage Therapist – 1 Month
Now let us have a look at the Diploma In Personal Trainer Course offered by IFSI
- Method of Program: Online / Offline
- Duration of Course: 6 Months per Batch
- Timing of Batch: Weekends / Weekdays
Eligibility for the Personal trainer course is:
- 18+ years of age
- Minimum 10th class pass for SPEFL
The fees of a Personal trainer course ranges from Rs. 32,400 to Rs 66,399 depending upon the Module & type of certifications(CPR, SPEFL, EREPS)
3. Fit India Trust, Delhi
Fit India Trust is one of the most preeminent non-profit associations empowered to take the Indian Health and Fitness industry to global measures. Their constant effort is to build the best atmosphere for the increase of the Fitness industry in India. Currently, their fitness centers are located in Delhi.
Some of the Certification Courses offered by Fit India Trust are:
- Certified Fitness Trainer (1.5 months, Thrice a week)
- Certified Sports Nutritionist (2 Months)
- Certified Personal Trainer (3 Months)
- Online Certified Personal Trainer (3 Months)
Let’s have a look at the Certified Fitness Trainer Course by Fit India Trust
The course curriculum of Fitness Trainer Certification includes the following subject:
- Functional assessment
- Physiological assessment
- Stability and Mobility Training
- Resistance Training
- Cardiorespiratory Training
- Mind-Body Exercises-Yoga
Fees of the Fitness Trainer Certification by Fit India Trust is INR 15,000 Approx.
4. Gold’s Gym
Gold’s Gym is the part of an American chain of international fitness centers Gold’s Gym International, Inc. In the year 2019, it was tagged the 17th Jubilee Of Gold’s Gym in India. They are located in Mumbai in India.
Certifications Courses offered by Gold’s Gym are:
- GGFI Advanced Personal Training Course – 4 months
- GGFI Online Fast Track Course – 1 month
To know more about course details you can contact them via the official website of Gold’s Gym.
5. Gayo Fitness Academy
Gayo Fitness Academy has founded social and global respect for Vocational Studies through both classroom and self-study programs to help originate successful, emotionally gratifying professions in Fitness. They are headquartered in Mumbai & fitness training centers are located in cities in multiple states like Maharashtra, Assam, Goa, etc.
They offer multiple fitness courses like:
- Certificate Course in Personal Fitness Training
- Water Fitness & Conditioning
- Functional Strength Training
- Certificate Course in Strength & Sports Conditioning
- Aerobic Endurance Training
Lets us know in-depth about the Certificate Course in Personal Fitness Training certification course.
The module of Certificate Course in Personal Fitness Training is
- Theory & Practice of Fitness
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- Principles of Diet Management & Performance Nutrition
- Theory & Practice of Strength Training
- Other Fitness Modules, etc
Duration: Approx 550 hours
Must have passed 12th examination
Must be physically and medically fit
To know more details like Certifications, Assessment Grades, etc about this course you need to visit the official website Gayo Fitness Academy.
6. Classic Fitness Academy
Classic fitness academy was founded in the year 2010 to create awareness and knowledge in the health industry. They are a society of trained and instructed fitness experts assigned to guarantee excellent teaching through academic and effective ways while adhering to international norms. Their head office is located in Delhi and their fitness centers are settled in Mumbai, Lucknow, Bangalore, etc.
They offer multiple fitness-related courses like
- Certified Fitness Trainer
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Essentials Of Weight Management And Supplementation
Let’s know about the Certified Fitness Trainer certification course…
Educational Qualification: 10th Pass
Age Limit: 18+ Years
To know about Syllabus, Certifications, Fees, etc contact Classic Fitness Academy through their official website.
7. Fitness Matters
Fitness Matters is one of the preeminent global health institutes with its headquarters residing in Chandigarh. They are a group of extremely expert trainers with more than a decade of expertise. Also, they are enabling fitness trainers, group health instructors, and nutrition specialists to develop expertise and health trends.
Certification courses offered by Fitness Matters are:
- Certificate in Personal Training
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Fitness Nutrition Specialist, etc
Let’s know more about the Certificate in Personal Training course.
Duration: 45 Days or 3 Months
Teaching Format: Theory & Practical
Total Hours: 100 Hours
Theory Exam Language: English and Hindi
To know more about course details like syllabus, fees, etc you can visit the official website of Fitness Matters.
8. Acfit Academy
Acfit Academy is known for offering excellent direction and assistance to health specialists in Tamil Nadu. With the development, candidates across PAN India can also get profited from the program.
They offer certifications like:
- NASM CPT (Certified Personal Trainer)
- CFR PRO (Corrective Functional Resistance Pro Certified)
- NASM DCP (Direct Contract Program), etc…
Let’s have a look at the NASM Certified Personal Trainer Program.
Syllabus of NASM Certified Personal Trainer:
- Fundamentals of Human Movement Science
- Assessments, Training Concepts, and Program Design
- Nutrition and Supplementation
- Client Interaction and Professional Development
- Multiple Appendix
The fees of the course can be between Rs 24750 + GST to INR: 52545 + GST depending on the type, of course, you are opting for.
To know more in-depth about Curriculum, content, etc you can visit the official website of Acfit Academy.
9. Exercise Science Academy
Exercise Science Academy was founded in the year 2003. They are known for delivering quality teaching and training in the fitness industry. Currently, they are located in Mumbai only.
Some of the fitness courses offered by Exercise Science Academy are:
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer Course
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist Course
- Nutrition Foundation Course
- Nutrition and Weight Management Course
- Certified Marathon Trainer Course
Let’s have a look at the ACSM Certified Personal Trainer Course in detail.
Syllabus for Personal Trainer Course is:
- Foundation to Personal Training
- Advanced Biology
- Advanced client assessment methods
- Advanced flexibility methods, etc
Duration: 4.5 months
- 18+ years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent certifications
Fees: Rs. 55000 + 18% GST
10. STFA (Scientific Training Fitness Academy Pvt Ltd)
Scientific Training Fitness Academy Pvt Ltd is one of the best fitness training center based in Mumbai. They are known for providing quality education in the fitness industry in India.
Some of the courses offered by STFA are:
- Certified Personal Trainer Course (CPT)
- Performance Nutrition Course (PNC)
- Kickboxing Level 1 Course
- Posture Assessment and Corrective Exercise workshop
- Competitive Power-lifting workshop
- Plyometric Workshop
Let’s have a look at the Certified Personal Trainer Course (CPT) by STFA.
Things you’ll learn in this Certified Personal Trainer Course:
- Anaerobic exercise
- Cardio-respiratory practice
- Elasticity and mobility training
- Injury stopping exercises
- Foundation to high-level training systems
To know more about course details like fees, batch timing, etc you can visit the official website of STFA.
11. Other Online Fitness Trainer Courses
- Udemy Fitness Courses
- Coursera Fitness Courses
- Alison Fitness Courses
- Mindvalley Fitness Programs
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)