A bachelor’s degree in business administration is a three-year programme that teaches students the fundamentals of business and management. Although the BBA provides a good foundation in the subject, it is vital to pursue a specialization course after graduation in order to increase knowledge, obtain relevant skills, and improve professional chances.
How many of you have wondered what the best employment prospects are after graduating with a BBA? BBA is one of the most popular graduation courses for students after they graduate from high school. A BBA degree is useful in today’s world, yet it is insufficient. If one does not choose the correct courses after BBA, it is difficult to find high-paying professions.
To have a well-established career following a BBA degree, one must pursue post-graduation or a professional certificate. After earning a graduate degree in BBA, students have a variety of employment opportunities, but not all students are aware of the various paths they might pursue to build a successful career.
So, are you ready to pursue a course or programme for post-graduation? If yes, then head right down for the top 10 best courses after BBA in India and choose the course which suits you right….
List of Best Courses to pursue after BBA in India
1. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The majority of people assume that having a Bachelor’s degree stops you from getting an MBA. MBA programmes are available after graduation in a variety of fields, including Arts, Commerce, and Science. An MBA teaches students how to cope with challenging business situations and develops managerial skills, preparing them for jobs in the fast-paced corporate world. It also allows you to look for employment openings worldwide in both the public and private sectors. Furthermore, for students interested in becoming entrepreneurs, an MBA can provide them with the necessary skills and knowledge to start a business.
- You must have earned a three-year diploma from a recognized institution.
- You must have graduated with a minimum CGPA of 50 percent or equivalent. There is a 5% relaxation for protected categories.
- A valid cut-off score of CAT/XAT/GMAT.
- Work experience will be preferred.
2 years is the duration of this post-graduation programme.
- HR Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Operations Manager,
- Business Analyst (IT)
- Financial Analyst
The average salary of an MBA graduate is 6 lakh per annum and it depends on the specific field of expertise as well as demand.
2. Post Graduation Diploma Course in Management (PGDM)
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management, or PGDM, is a postgraduate diploma programme that covers the complexities of various facets of management and the corporate world. Many working professionals and students enjoy this management course since it sharpens a student’s thinking to deal with the daily challenges that they experience at work, at school, and in other areas.
Students who desire to pursue a career in management will find the PGDM to be a very rigorous degree. With the ever-changing world, the needs of organizations, institutions, and businesses are evolving as well. Managers, leaders, functional heads, and specialists are in high demand.
- Candidates for admission must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or institute in any course with a minimum of 50%. However, at premier universities such as IIM, a minimum of 60% or 6.5 CGPA on a scale of 10 should have been achieved at the graduation level.
- CAT and MAT are the most widely approved PGDM entrance exams in India. Other entrance tests are typically restricted to a single institution or state.
The duration of this diploma course is 1-2 years.
- Project Manager
- Data Scientist
- Tax Specialist
The average salary of a graduate after completing this diploma course is 12 lakh per annum to 15 lakh per annum depending on the specific field of expertise as well as demand.
3. Chartered Accountancy (CA)
Chartered Accountant is a critical specialization-cum-certification course that qualifies you to work as a chartered accountant for any reputable company or audit firm. In India, the course is governed by the ICAI.
The length of the CA varies depending on the degree of admittance. The CA course is structured into three levels: foundation, intermediate, and final, with three years of articleship in between. Chartered Accountants are in high demand by a variety of organizations, including banks, financial institutions, and corporations. As a result, Chartered Accountant candidates have a wide range of job opportunities. Candidates who have earned their CA certificate can open their own auditing firm and begin providing auditing services to their clients.
- The CA programme is open to anyone who has finished their 10+2 in any subject (including Science, Maths, and Commerce) or graduation in a subsequent field.
- To be qualified for this programme, students must have a minimum of 60 percent in their 10+2 grades
- There is no such thing as a ‘CA Entrance Exam’ for the CA programme. Promotion to higher levels, on the other hand, is contingent on candidates’ achievement in ICAI tests at various levels.
Chartered Accountancy takes roughly five years to complete.
- Accounting Managers
- Auditing Experts
- Taxation Experts
The average salary of an individual after receiving specialization as well as certification for Chartered Accountancy is 5 lakh per annum to 25 lakh per annum.
4. Bachelor of Law (LLB)
The Bachelor of Laws, or LLB, is a popular choice among people who desire to continue their education after completing their Bachelor under-graduation. The programme, which lasts three years, provides substantial information on issues like jurisprudence, environmental law, arbitration, insurance law, and the Consumer Protection Act, among others. After completing the course, you can pursue an LLM, begin practicing law after registering with the appropriate bodies, or work in the public or private sectors.
- Aspirants to the LLB programme must have successfully finished their bachelor’s degree in an accredited institution with a minimum aggregate of 45 percent.
- Selection based on marks scored in entrance exams such as CLAT, SLAT, CUET, etc.
3 years is the duration of this post-graduation programme.
- Legal Manager
- General Counsel
- Legal Advisor
- HR Manager
- Legal Affairs Manager
The average salary of an LLB graduate is 2-7 lakhs per annum according to pay scale data.
5. Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
The Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology Management lasts two years. The curriculum is intended to generate IT postgraduates who are critical thinkers with a broad set of high-level IT abilities that can be utilized in a variety of scenarios. This certificate will also teach you how to do IT research. The program’s distinctive concentration on technology management efficiently equips students for successful jobs in the fast-paced and dynamic information technology industry. The most recent technical and project management skills will be taught, covering IT project planning, design, auditing, budgeting, quality control, and social media application.
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject with a minimum of 50% marks is required for entrance to the PGDITM programme (Reservation as per notified norms).
- Entrance examinations are held by some of the most prestigious universities and institutes for the admission.
The duration of this diploma course is 2 years.
- IT Manager
- System Analyst
- Business Analyst
- MIS Manager
- Software Consultant
The average salary of a graduate after completing this diploma course is 3 lakh per annum to 20 lakh per annum depending on the specific field of expertise as well as demand.
6. Post Graduate Programme in Planning and Entrepreneurship
PGPPE (postgraduate programme in planning and entrepreneurship) is a one-year postgraduate programme that spans two semesters. PGPPE comprises a thorough examination of the country’s numerous economic activities and their regulation in such a way that GDP growth is achieved. Its goal is to familiarise candidates with market segments that have a strong potential for economic growth. It also strives to identify income-generating opportunities with great development potential for people from all walks of life, including those living in poverty. As a result, it concentrates on acquainting candidates with both planning and entrepreneurship.
- A graduating degree from a recognized university/college with an aggregate score of at least 50% or its equivalent grading system is required to be eligible for the PGPPE Course.
- Admission to the PGPPE Course is solely on the basis of merit. Although the relevant authority may administer an entrance exam in specific situations.
The duration of this post-graduation programme is 1 year.
- Business manager
- Strategic business planner
- business consultant
- Startup CEO/Founder
The average salary of a graduate after completing this post-graduation programme is 10 lakh per annum to 20 lakh per annum and it depends on the specific field of expertise as well as demand.
7. Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation
The Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation is a two-year diploma programme that covers technical and practical aspects of direct and indirect taxes, financial accounting and auditing, income tax, and other relevant topics. The PGD in Taxes is meant to provide advanced knowledge of numerous forms of taxes as well as solutions to connected issues. Students will learn the fundamentals of income tax, sales tax, service tax, VAT, GST, and Central Excise, as well as several different ways to pay income tax, in this course. The PGD in the tax syllabus is constantly focused on giving practical and technical information. Property tax and planning, as well as financial planning, are among the topics covered in the PGD for Tax Students.
- An aspiring student must have a Bachelor of Commerce or a Bachelor of Laws degree, as well as a graduation grade point average of at least 45 percent.
- A few respectable universities also take entrance exam scores into account.
- Most institutions will accept a candidate who has worked in a similar field for at least one year.
The duration of this diploma course is 2 years.
- Tax Consultant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Revenue agent
- Tax collector
- Tax examiner
The average salary of a graduate after completing this diploma course is 4 lakh per annum to 9 lakh per annum depending on the specific field of expertise as well as demand.
8. Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Bachelor of Education [BEd] is a great option for people who wish to start a career as a teacher. It’s also one of the courses available following Bachelor’s under-graduation studies. ICT, Pedagogy of a School Subject, Different Learning Methods, and other topics will be covered over the course of 3-4 years.
After completing a BEd programme, you can take teaching aptitude tests like TET, CTET, and others, and if you pass, you can pursue teaching positions in primary and secondary schools.
- Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent degrees, ideally from Delhi University or another equivalent university, with at least 50% marks in any two disciplines out of 200 during their graduating year.
- A master’s degree from a recognized university in any of the fields with a minimum of 50%. If the aspirant wants to teach a subject other than their master’s, he or she must have studied that topic at the graduate level with a grade of 200 and a passing grade of 50 percent.
- Candidates for the Bachelor of Education must be at least 21 years old and at least 28 years old, regardless of whether they have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
2 years is the duration of this post-graduation programme.
- High School Teacher
- Head Teacher
- Mathematics Teacher
- Teacher Assistant
- Social Worker
The average salary of a B.ED graduate is approximately 4 lakh per annum and it depends on the specific field of expertise as well as demand.
9. PMP Certification
PMP stands for Project Management Professional, and the PMP certification is one of the most prestigious project management professional qualifications in the world. While PMP certification is not the only criterion for project management professionals’ experience or talents, it does serve as a sign of competence and understanding in the industry. The certification course provides students with hands-on project management training as well as an introduction to various project management tools and approaches.
Most PMP courses necessitate a Bachelor’s degree and a few years of project management experience.
Because most of the courses are distance/online, you can choose how long you want to spend on them. Some institutes, however, provide structured, hourly-moduled courses:
- 160+ hours of learning and training in the Project Management Certification Program (UpGrad).
- Professional Project Management Training Course (ExcelR) – 35 hours of training.
- Project Designer
- Project Analyst
- Project Manager
- Associate Program Manager
- Project Owner
The average salary of a PMP professional is 1 lakh per annum to 6 lakh per annum depending on the specific field of expertise as well as demand.
10. Masters in Data Science
After graduation, a master’s degree in data science is one of the top options. Because, in a world where 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are produced every day, a professional who can arrange this data to deliver business solutions will be in high demand, data science has acquired the nickname “the best job of the twenty-first century.”
With the Big Data craze showing no signs of abating, worldwide organizations are scrambling to hire Data Scientists to help them manage their mission-critical data.
- Because this is a Master’s programme, having a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Various entrance exams for different institutes might be conducted for final selection.
The duration of this course varies between 6 months to 2 years as it is present as a full-time as well as a part-time course.
- Business Intelligence Manager.
The average salary of a master’s graduate in Data Science is 6-7 lakh per annum according to Payscale.com.
The above is a list of some of the excellent to pursue after BBA in India. We hope that we provided the best information regarding your query and helped you to pursue your interest in a given programme.