You’ve heard about the dilemma of choosing a medical school and an undergrad degree in medicine. You, as an aspiring doctor, need to think twice before making that decision. What comes first? Which one will lead to a successful career? If you are still confused about this matter, then this blog post is for you. A day doesn’t go by without someone mentioning the pros and cons of pursuing a medical degree outside of India. That’s why today we are going to compare MBBS in India vs MBBS in USA which one is better for your future as a doctor?
What is MBBS?
MBBS stands for “MBBS” is the abbreviation of “Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery”. This degree is generally required to practice medicine in India and other countries. To pursue it, you need to complete a bachelor’s-level course in a medical school. If you want to become a qualified medical doctor, you will need to complete a graduate degree in medicine, which is usually a four-year course. The first two years of this course are commonly referred to as “pre-medical”, while the last two years are referred to as “medical”.
Why study Medicine in India?
The best part of studying medicine in India is that the top medical universities in India are ranked among the best in the world. According to the QS World university rankings, 15 out of the top 20 medical schools are in India.
There are many reasons why one should study medicine in India:
- The Indian medical education system is considered as one of the best in the world. Higher Education in India is recognized and accepted as equivalent to the Higher Education in other parts of the world.
- The medical entrance exam in India is one of the toughest in the world.
- There is a huge demand for doctors in India and the Indian Medical Colleges produce about 50,000 doctors every year.
- The medical education in India is affordable and very attractive for foreign students.
- India has a huge potential to grow as a medical hub in the near future.
Why study Medicine in USA?
USA is the best place for studying MBBS. If you want to study medicine and make your future bright, USA is the best place for that. It has both the benefits of studying in the developed country and the costs that are significantly lower than in other developed countries.
Advantages of studying MBBS in USA:
- The US medical education system is one of the most reputed in the world.
- There is a huge demand for doctors in the USA and it produces around 100,000 doctors every year.
- USA is considered as the best destination for pursuing a medical degree.
- USA has one of the strongest health care systems in the world and it is the home to some of the best medical schools.
- USA is a perfect place for an international student who wants to study medicine and has a low budget for it.
Pros of studying MBBS in India
There are many benefits of studying MBBS in India. Let’s take a look at them:
- Indian Universities have a great global reputation. Students from all over the world come to study in the Indian universities. The top medical schools in India provide a world-class education.
- It is financially affordable to study in India. The out-of-pocket expenses are very low compared to other countries.
- Indian education system is regulated and standardized. This can be good or bad, depending on your perspective, but it does provide a clear path for completion of your medical training.
- There are many courses to choose from.
- Getting admission to medical colleges in India is very competitive. The top medical schools in India receive more than 100,000 applications for 15,000 seats.
Cons of studying MBBS in India
There are both advantages and disadvantages of studying medicine in India. Let’s take a look at them:
- The most important disadvantage of studying medicine in India is that you will have to go through a very tough entrance exam and other admission processes.
- Another problem is that you have to wait for a long time after the admission process as the seats are filled up very quickly.
- Due to the huge number of students who want to study medicine in India, the standard of education may be poor.
- There is a risk of being scammed by unauthorised agents.
- The future of Indian education system is doubtful as there have been continuous protests due to the funding issues of the education system.
Pros of studying MBBS in USA
Let’s take a look at the pros of studying medicine in the USA:
- The US medical education system is one of the best in the world.
- The future of medical education in the USA is bright.
- The standard of education is high as the funding for education is satisfactory.
- USA is a land of opportunities and you can achieve anything in your life if you work hard for it.
- There is a huge demand for doctors in the USA.
- In the USA, the medical system is highly regulated.
- Studying medicine abroad is a great experience and you can make the most out of it by travelling and exploring new places.
Cons of studying MBBS in USA
Let’s take a look at the cons of studying medicine in the USA:
- The biggest disadvantage is that the cost of studying medicine in the USA is very high.
- The career opportunities in the USA are limited as compared to other countries like India.
- The future of medical education in the USA is not that bright as the American government has proposed an increase in the tuition fees.
- It is very difficult to get admission in the top medical schools in the USA.
- It is a long process to get a visa and the application process is very strict.
Which one is better for your future as a Doctor?
We have discussed the pros and cons of studying medicine in India and the USA. Now it’s time to decide which one is better for your future as a doctor. If you are looking for a short and sweet answer, then go for the USA. If you are looking for the best place for studying medicine, then you must consider the USA because it has all the benefits of studying in the developed country and the costs are significantly lower than in the developed countries. If you want to pursue a medical degree and want to make your future bright, then you must consider the USA because it has the best education system and the best medical schools. Moreover, there are many opportunities in the USA.
If you are very good in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry, you can choose these subjects for a career in medicine. The best part of being a doctor is that you can help many people and make their lives better. If you are thinking of pursuing a career in medicine then you should start preparing yourself in advance. It’s never too soon to start studying for the MCAT or the other admissions tests. But with this article, we hope to have helped you make the right decision about which medical school to attend. So, what are you waiting for? Get your notebook and pen, and start preparing now.