Cooking is the art or practice of preparing food for consumption using heat or cold. Cooking methods and ingredients differ greatly around the world, reflecting regional environmental, economic, and cultural traditions. Cooks themselves have a wide range of abilities and training.
Cooking foods has three purposes: to boost nutritive value and make them more digestible, to develop tastes, and to protect health by killing bacteria and parasites.
It improves the taste and appeal of food. It aids in the digestion of food. It renders food safe to consume. Cooking kills a lot of dangerous microorganisms and bacteria in food.
Food poisoning can be avoided by properly cooking food. Food-borne pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, parasites, and viruses are present in most raw foods and can cause serious illness or death to humans. Cooking kills all microorganisms, making food safe for human consumption.
List of Best Cooking Courses Online in India
1. Electronic Virtual Cooking Class from Saffron Palate
Saffron Palate is committed to giving an authentic Indian home and kitchen experience as well as a taste of Indian culture to the global traveller.
Our experiences are advised for anyone with an interest in Indian culinary skill and a desire to learn more about Indian life and culture.
Course Duration: 2 hours
The goal of the experience is to engage and cook with people through a virtual, live, and interactive medium.
All the participants will receive a certificate after completion of the course.
2. Advanced Diploma Full Time Course in Culinary from APCA India
This is targeted at those who want to work as a cuisine chef at 5-star hotels, top restaurants, or as entrepreneurs—a wide range of people to serve. This meticulously planned 9-month course starts from the beginning and progresses to the advanced level, honing your dexterity in all major world cuisines. This course’s USP is its hands-on approach, in which each student creates his or her product in the kitchen. Additionally, qualification from City & Guilds, London, expands the possibilities for finding work in other countries.
For people interested in cooking as a hobby or working professionals who don’t have enough time to complete our Full-Time.
9 months (1440 hrs)
- This 9-month course begins at the beginning and goes to the advanced level, improving your dexterity in all major international cuisines.
- The unique selling point of this course is the hands-on approach, in which each student makes their product in the kitchen.
Upon completion of the course, all the participants will get a certificate.
3. Diploma in Bakery from National Finishing and Cookery Institute (NFCI)
Food is an undeniable passion. People enjoy eating good, flavorful, unique, and novel food. People, on the other hand, have a sweet tooth, causing them to fall in love with desserts every time they eat one. As a result, dessert chefs play a critical role in the food and beverage business. A particular part-time bakery course is available to offer students specific bakery skills and expertise. In the discipline of bakery, aspiring students learn how to produce sugary and carbohydrate-rich foods.
What will you learn:
- You may train to be a dessert chef, choose a dessert menu, and create delectable desserts. You can work as a baker, a chef, a food stylist, or a catering officer, for example.
- Simply contact us online at a low cost and receive instruction from skilled and experienced educators. Working at hotels, restaurants, resorts, cruise ships, bakeries, and other similar establishments can help you advance your career.
you will acquire a diploma certificate with several options to work and earn in the culinary industry.
4. Udemy – Restaurant Style Indian Cooking Course
Restaurant Indian cuisine is great, but it’s difficult to make at home. This is due to our lack of understanding of how to prepare cuisine with base gravies. I understand the importance of a good gravy or curry base. Especially when it comes to Indian cuisine. They’re also usually very simple to create. All they require are the appropriate components and the correct amounts. With all of the gravies on hand, any dish can be prepared in under 10 minutes. In addition, I’ve included recipes for various gravies. This is the course for you if you want to start your own Indian catering business, a restaurant, a food truck, or if you are a food enthusiast. This lesson will show you how to reduce the amount of spice in your curries while still producing wonderful results. So let’s get started on this Magi adventure.
Who this course is for:
- Those who wish to learn Indian restaurant cooking style.
- Home cooking with Indian ingredients.
5 hours of video on demand
What you’ll learn:
Restaurant-style professional Indian cooking for beginners to experts cooking in your house.
Upon completion of the course, all the participants will receive a certificate.
5. SkillShare – Five Easy Techniques for Mastering Classic Indian Cooking
Learn online from a seasoned cooking instructor who has taught these specific culinary skills many times and considers them to be Indian cuisine foundations! This workshop will walk you through five Indian-style cooking techniques. Take this lesson and re-create the techniques presented in your home kitchen in only a few minutes if you enjoy cooking and want to prepare GOOD but genuine Indian food at home.
Course Duration: 46 minutes
- Students will learn how to temper entire spices (a process known as “Tarka”), chutneys, how to toast and grind spices, and what “curry” really means, among other things. Students will recreate them at home and send images to email assistance for troubleshooting.
- It is not necessary to have any prior expertise or expertise.
All the participants will be awarded a certificate upon course completion.
6. Diploma in Bakery & Patisserie from IICA New Delhi
The Diploma in Bakery & Patisserie is a great curriculum for anyone who wants to master the fundamentals of Bakery & Patisserie, with equal emphasis on baking bread, cakes, and confectionery products. All of this is integrated with a theoretical curriculum that is well-structured.
This one-year curriculum is structured with the first six months consisting of both practical and theoretical lectures. Students can also learn about other elements of baking and patisserie as well as working in a professional setting through a variety of approaches, such as special seminars on inventory, kitchen management, and upkeep.
The minimum need is a 12th-grade education and fluency in English.
Duration: 1 year
Mode: In Class
Course Fee: INR 315000/-
Students will complete industrial training in a professional bakery and patisserie kitchen, which could be part of a 5-star hotel/restaurant/cloud kitchen, after 6 months of study at the institute.
7. Coursera – Child Nutrition and Cooking Course
Childhood eating habits have an impact on one’s health and well-being throughout one’s life. In recent decades, eating habits have shifted dramatically, particularly in parts of the world where processed foods predominate. This course analyses current child nutrition and the implications of each family’s specific choice. Obesity in children is also explored in terms of health implications. Participants will learn what makes a healthy diet for children and adults, as well as how to create simple, delicious foods, to inspire a lifelong love of basic home-cooked meals. This course will assist participants in becoming the best health care professionals possible.
Course Duration: 11 hours
Instructor: Maya Adam, MD
- After finishing these classes, I began a new career.
- This course has provided me with a measurable career boost.
- received a raise in pay or a promotion
Upon completion of the course.
8. Future Learn – Nutrition: Healthy Cooking, Healthy Living
Healthy nutrition is essential for a healthy lifestyle and mental well-being. Many cooks and chefs, on the other hand, are unaware of how to develop healthy dishes and dishes.
Top professionals will teach you what a healthy diet looks like in this course. You’ll get a thorough overview of what a healthy diet entails in practice, and you’ll learn how to immediately apply what you’ve learned to your cooking.
Course Duration: 4 weeks
Who is the course for?
- This course is designed for beginning cooks, chefs, and food enthusiasts who want to expand their understanding of nutrition and create dishes based on their ideas.
- It would also be of interest to personal trainers and healthcare workers who wish to improve their nutrition knowledge to advance their careers.
All the participants will receive a certificate upon course completion.
9. Udemy – Andhra and Telangana Vegetarian Traditional cooking
A traditional vegetarian Indian cooking school where you will learn vegetarian traditional cuisines from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. This course covers everything you’ll need to learn how to make recipes from scratch. Recipes that are commonly used and detailed instructions on how to prepare them. It is designed with a beginner’s level of cooking in mind, but it also includes crucial tips and tactics for skilled cooks to achieve an authentic touch to the dishes.
This course has 45 videos with a total duration of just over 4 hours, all of which are prepared meticulously, covering all areas of cooking so that you never feel lost. If you’re new to cooking, this can help you get up to speed.
4.5 hrs of video on demand
Who this course is for:
Students who enjoy Indian and South Indian cuisine are encouraged to apply.
What you’ll learn:
Cooking food from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
All the participants will get a certificate upon completion of the course.
10. SkillShare – Indian Cooking: How to make Indian Appetizer
Learn how to make a delicious Indian appetiser. Three appetisers and Cilantro Chutney will be covered in this lesson. Students will learn how to make restaurant-style vegetarian and non-vegetarian appetisers. This snack can be made for any occasion by students.
Course Duration: 26 minutes
Instructor: Kosha Merchant
All the participants will be awarded a certificate after completion of the course.