Good nutrition ensures that your body receives all of the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals it needs to function optimally. Be sure to include nutrient-dense, low-calorie foods in your meals and snacks.
Online learning from free resources like YouTube is perfect if you only want to learn about basic nutrition for home use.
If you want an in-depth understanding of Nutrition then I’ll recommend you to enrol in a good Nutrition Course Online or Offline.
So let’s explore the list of best nutrition courses online & offline in India.
List of Best Nutrition Courses in India [Online & Offline]
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from IGMPI
Dietetics and nutrition are relatively recent fields of medicine. It’s not just a growing industry; it’s a whole new area that recognises the value of healthy eating habits and offers advice on how to make the world a better place. Job prospects for dietitians are likely to expand as public awareness of the importance of maintaining one’s health increases. These experts will develop dietary treatments for people who want to live a healthier lifestyle as well as those who are sick. The increasing and ageing population would help to fuel the demand for comprehensive nutrition information and diet plans.
This diploma programme can be completed in as little as one year, but no more than two years in a row are allowed.
Prospects for a career:
The IGMPI Faculty of Food Safety and Quality’s distance course is a technical course designed to meet the needs of the health industry, which includes trained health professionals. The individual will have a wide range of career options thanks to the material, guidance, hands-on training, and off-course completion certificate. Nutritionists, dieticians, diet technicians, wellness counsellors, health centre jobs, fitness journalism, and a variety of other occupations will be available.
Candidates in their final year of study or awaiting results with a Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification are also eligible to apply.
Upon completion, the participants will earn a Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from the IGMPI Faculty of Food Safety and Quality.
2. Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from Orange Beauty Institute
Orane Beauty Institute offers a Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics that is designed for those who want to advance their careers as nutritionists or dieticians. Proper nutrition and diet are needed to maintain good health. Nutritionists are increasingly gaining recognition in India as preventive healthcare facilitators. Diabetes, thyroid disease, PCOS, and hypertension, to name a few, have all been linked to sedentary lifestyles and stress. Expert advice is also needed due to special health conditions and age-related dietary requirements. As people become more aware of the importance of nutrition, the demand for nutritionists and dietitians continues to rise.
With a diploma in nutrition and dietetics, you will try some occupations. After practising as a nutritionist/dietician in your clinic, you can become a private instructor or work in gyms, slimming centres, fitness clubs, and other locations. Nutritionist jobs are occasionally advertised by the government’s public health department.
1 Year + 3 Months Internship / maximum 720 hours
3. Udemy – Internationally Accredited Diploma Certificate in Nutrition
They are in the midst of an obesity crisis, with nearly 2 billion overweight people and 650 million obese people worldwide. Chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease are on the rise as a result of this. Maintaining a balanced diet and living an active lifestyle will help to prevent many chronic illnesses.
Students and healthcare professionals who want to learn the fundamentals of nutrition science will benefit from this nutrition diploma. It delves into macronutrients and micronutrients, demonstrating why they are critical for our bodies’ development and health.
What you’ll learn:
- Recognize Macronutrients and their impact on our bodies.
- Learn how micronutrients, fibre, probiotics, and water play a role in our bodies.
- Recognize the significance of maintaining a healthy energy balance. Quickly calculate BMR and TDEE.
- Calculate your everyday needs by learning about the best starch, protein, and fat sources.
4.5 hours of video on demand
- Nutrition is a hobby of mine.
- Willingness to help others eat better and inspire them to do so
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in discovering the fundamentals of food science and learning how to eat better.
- Professionals in the health and fitness industry who want to give their clients nutritional advice.
After completing this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
4. Diploma in Clinical And Therapeutic Nutritionist from Era University
The course is for medical professionals who want to learn more about diet control to improve patient outcomes, particularly in patients with obesity, diabetes, breastfeeding, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and eating disorders.
This course discusses the importance of therapeutic diets in the treatment of chronic illnesses and other dietary disorders. Nutrition is crucial not only for remaining fit but also for curing illnesses and supplementing medical treatment. Diet therapy is an important aspect of the treatment, in addition to the drugs given to the patient.
Course Duration: 2 yrs
Course Fee: INR 60,000/-
10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and maths/biology.
- to learn everything there is to know about food and its nutritional value
- To have a greater understanding of nutrition assessment and prevention approaches.
- to be able to customise diet plans to meet personal requirements or prescriptions
- Learn how to write diet prescriptions for a wide range of medical and surgical conditions and diseases.
- To be able to oversee the planning, packaging, and storage of food.
- Learn how to provide dietary advice to patients and their families who are dealing with a wide range of medical issues.
5. Diploma in Nutrition and Fitness from Institute of Nutrition and Fitness Sciences (INFS)
It’s a one-of-a-kind diploma programme that blends science and evidence-based learning with hands-on training to give you the best nutrition and fitness education possible.
With this course, you will be able to learn not only scientific knowledge but also the requisite skills to be effective in your career. The diploma programme, which carries a total of 40 credits, is the country’s only university-level diet and exercise programme. You’d be able to get a university education outside of a conventional classroom environment.
What you’ll learn:
- In-depth, insightful, and scientific knowledge of food, exercise science, and fitness.
- All you need to know about micro and macronutrients, as well as how to use them in your diet.
- The significant impact of one’s lifestyle on different aspects of one’s health
- It’s a science to prepare your meals and keep track of your weight.
- Fundamentals of human anatomy and physiology
- Resistance training’s importance, as well as a detailed overview of exercises
- A look at the different types of fitness equipment available.
- How to monitor training variables to build the best workout routines
- Customer retention approaches that are ethical and successful
- Diet psychology, behaviour management, and motivation are all things that can help you lose weight.
Course Duration: 1200 hrs
Course Fee: 25500/-
The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
6. Certified Sports Nutritionist (CSN) Course from K11 School of Fitness Sciences
The K11 Certificate of Certified Sports Nutritionist (CSN) Course is designed to help qualified Nutritionists, Personal Trainers/Gym Instructors, and Group Fitness Instructors learn the skills needed to prescribe Nutrition Plans for stable, active individuals, including professional athletes.
Food collection, macronutrient ratios, micronutrients, and human physiology as it relates to food digestion and metabolism are all covered in this Nutrition Course. Understanding nutrition is crucial for optimal efficiency and body composition.
Course Duration: 132 hrs
Course Fee: INR 60,000/-
K11 Certified Sports Nutritionist Certificate
7. Certificate Course in Diet & Nutrition from CEDP Skill Institute
The Certificate Course in ‘Diet & Nutrition is a hands-on programme for those interested in learning about healthy eating, including aspiring dieticians and wellness advisors. The programme aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of how to incorporate wellness into their everyday lives. Participants will gain in-depth information and awareness about nutrition, meal preparation, antioxidants, and other topics at the course.
This programme is for people who want to learn more about nutrition and eating a well-balanced diet while also having some practical experience.
Eligibility Criteria: Min. SSC
Course Duration: 3 months
The primary aim of the workshop is to help participants understand the concept of healthy living and integrate it into their everyday routines. The trainers will go over the basics of nutrition and diet, as well as how to maintain a healthy diet, deal with out-of-control eating habits, and create a good meal plan.
All participants will receive an NSIC-approved certificate from CEDP Skill Institute upon completion of the workshop.
8. Human Nutrition Online Diploma Course
This free online Human Nutrition course provides a thorough overview of how nutrition affects their growth and development across our lives. With the alarming increase in diet-related diseases like obesity, type 2 diabetes, and cardiovascular disease, you must make essential food and wellness decisions regularly. This course will assist you in making better decisions that will benefit your health and well-being.
Course Fee: Free of cost
Course Duration: 10-15 hrs
Certification: You will receive a globally recognized certificate after course completion.
9. Health and Nutrition Life Coach Certification (Accredited)
For billions of people around the world, being healthy and living a happy and fulfilled life is the ultimate goal, so now is the best time to get a fitness and nutrition certification by enrolling and becoming a Certified Health and Nutrition Life Coach.
Learn how to use effective motivational strategies and realistic resources to help your clients improve their mental, behavioural, physical, and nutritional health.
Through this nutrition credential, you will gain a solid background in health theory related to human anatomy, nutrition, and physical fitness, allowing you to be a positive and successful health and nutrition life coach.
Learn how to build rapport with your clients, collaborate to set attainable goals, and empower them using effective communication and questioning methods as well as hands-on practical strategies in this professional life coaching course.
Who this course is for:
- You’re a fitness professional, a personal trainer, a life coach, a therapist, a health care worker, a holistic medicine practitioner, or another professional looking to expand the diet and fitness life coaching toolkit.
- You want to work as a wellness and nutrition life coach because you are passionate about health, nutrition, and/or physical fitness.
- You’re a LIFE COACH who works on wellness, diet, or fitness (or want to be).
- You want to establish yourself as an expert on healthy living, fitness, and nutrition.
What you’ll learn:
- Create a step-by-step diet and exercise regimen for your clients to follow.
- Create a personalised health coaching kit based on YOUR specific interests and experiences.
- You’ll get done-for-you assessments as well as tried-and-true tools and procedures to use for your customers, which will save you time.
10 hours of video on demand
Students who complete this course will receive an official Transformation Academy life coach CERTIFICATION.
10. Child Nutrition and Cooking
Childhood eating habits affect one’s health and well-being throughout one’s life. They are in the midst of a childhood obesity crisis in the United States, which threatens to shorten their children’s lives compared to their parents. Other developing countries are starting to follow suit as processed foods become more widely available around the world. This course explores modern child nutrition in America, from individual family decisions to pervasive food marketing directed at their children. Obesity in children is also debated in terms of health risks.
Duration: 9 hrs
Course Fee: Free of cost
Maya Adam, MD, Lecturer, Stanford School of Medicine
For this Coursera course, you can receive a Course Certificate. The completion and passing of a course are evidenced by a Course Certificate.