Dietetics is the study of the effects of food and diet on human health. Dietetics places a heavy focus on public health and is dedicated to informing all Americans about the benefits of eating healthy foods.
People’s wellness and food services are planned by dieticians. Dieticians can help people avoid diseases and obesity by teaching them about the importance of food in their diet. Food services are typically run in institutions such as hospitals and colleges.
Dietitians play an important role in public health because they encourage people to eat better and live healthier lives. All of these factors combine to make public health dietitians an important stakeholder whose experience must be included in political food and nutrition policy and advocacy.
So now you would have understood many things about Dietitian. Let’s explore the list of best Dietitian Courses in India which are available offline & online too.
List of Best Dietitian Courses in India [Online & Offline]
1. Diploma in Dietetics, Health and Nutrition (DDHN) from VLCC Institute
VLCC Institute’s Diploma in Dietetics, Health & Nutrition is a comprehensive programme designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of nutrition and dietetics to improve their performance and progress in the field. This course incorporates the most recent research and scientific data to help students develop their professional potential.
Duration: 480 hrs + 432 hrs.
Eligibility Criteria: 10 + 2 passed out most preferable science background.
The course is meant to help students enhance their learning, management, and execution skills in the workplace. This course is filled with vital aspects to highlight the aspirant’s knowledge and capabilities, and it is supervised by clinical professionals.
Nutritionist in hospitals, high-end hotel kitchens, nutraceutical companies, wellness and healthcare clinics, gyms and fitness centres, and spas. Nutrition Academy, School, College, and Sports Center Trainer.
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from IGMPI
Nutrition and dietetics is a relatively new field of medicine. It’s not just a rising industry; it’s a whole new field that recognises the importance of good eating habits and provides guidance for creating a healthier planet. Dietetics professionals’ job opportunities are likely to increase as public interest in taking care of one’s health grows. These experts will create nutritional therapies not just for diseased people, but also for those who want to live a healthy lifestyle. The rising demand for detailed nutrition details and diet plans would be aided by the growing and ageing population.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification who are in their final year of study or pending results are also qualified to apply.
This diploma course can be completed in as little as one year, with a maximum of two consecutive years permitted.
The distance course offered by IGMPI’s Faculty of Food Safety and Quality is a technical course designed to meet the needs of the health industry, which requires qualified health professionals. The content, instruction, hands-on training, and off-course completion certificate will provide the participant with a plethora of career opportunities. Nutritionists, dieticians, diet technicians, health consultants, jobs in health centres, fitness journalism, and several other work functions and positions will be available.
The participants will receive a Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from the Faculty of Food Safety and Quality, IGMPI, upon completion.
3. Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from Orange Beauty Institute
Orange Beauty Institute offers a Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics, which is tailored for those interested in pursuing a career as a nutritionist or dietician at a higher level. To stay healthy, proper nutrition and diet are needed. Indians are gradually recognising the value of nutritionists as preventive healthcare facilitators. Sedentary lifestyles and stress have resulted in a slew of diseases such as diabetes, thyroid disease, PCOS, and hypertension, to name a few. There are often unique health conditions and age-related dietary requirements that necessitate expert guidance. The demand for nutritionists and dietitians is constantly increasing as people become more conscious of the importance of staying healthy, making it a highly fulfilling profession.
1 Year + 3 Months Internship / maximum 720 hours
Prospects for Work:
You will pursue a variety of careers with a diploma in nutrition and dietetics. You may become a private instructor or work at gyms, slimming centres, fitness clubs, and other places after working as a nutritionist/dietician in your own clinic. The public health department in the government sector sometimes posts job openings for nutritionists.
4. Udemy – Internationally Accredited Diploma Certificate in Nutrition
They are in the midst of an obesity epidemic, with nearly 2 billion people worldwide overweight and 650 million obese. This is playing a major role in the rise of chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease. These chronic illnesses can be avoided in large part by maintaining a healthy diet and leading an active lifestyle.
This nutrition diploma would appeal to both students and healthcare professionals who want to learn the basics of nutrition science. It takes a close look at macronutrients and micronutrients, explaining why they are so important for our bodies to develop and stay healthy.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning how to eat healthier and understanding the basics of nutritional science.
- Health and fitness professionals who wish to provide general dietary advice to their clients.
What you’ll learn:
- Recognize what Macronutrients are and how they affect our bodies.
- Learn about the importance of micronutrients, fibre, probiotics, and water in our bodies.
- Recognize the importance of energy balance. Find simple ways to calculate BMR and TDEE.
- Learn about the top carbohydrate, protein, and fat sources and calculate your daily requirements.
4.5 hours of video on demand
- Nutrition is a passion for me.
- Willingness to assist and encourage others to eat well
After completing this course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
5. Certificate Course in Diet & Nutrition from CEDP Skill Institute
The Certificate Course in ‘Diet & Nutrition is a hands-on curriculum for those interested in learning about healthy eating, as well as aspiring dieticians and wellness advisors. The program’s goal is to give participants a thorough understanding of how to integrate health into their daily lives. The workshop gives participants in-depth knowledge and awareness about nutrition, meal planning, antioxidants, and other topics.
This programme is for people who want to learn more about nutrition and a balanced diet while also getting hands-on experience. You will learn everything there is to know about diet and nutrition and go on to become a personal trainer, a community fitness instructor, or a health and wellness professional in a healthcare setting.
Eligibility Criteria: Min. SSC
Course Duration: 3 month
The workshop’s primary goal is to help participants grasp the idea of healthy living and incorporate healthy eating into their daily routines. The trainers will cover the fundamentals of nutrition and diet, as well as how to sustain a balanced diet, cope with eating patterns that are out of control and develop a successful meal plan.
On completion of the workshop, all participants will receive an NSIC-approved certificate from CEDP Skill Institute.
6. Certified Sports Nutritionist (CSN) Course from K11 School of Fitness Sciences
The K11 Certificate of Certified Sports Nutritionist (CSN) Course is specifically designed to assist trained Nutritionists, Personal Trainers/Gym Instructors, and Group Fitness Instructors in gaining the skills necessary to prescribe Nutrition Plans for healthy, exercising individuals, including professional athletes.
This Nutrition Course covers food selection, macronutrient ratios, micronutrients, and human physiology as it pertains to food digestion and metabolism. It’s all about understanding nutrition for optimum performance and body composition.
Course Duration: 132 hours
Course Fee: INR 60,000/-
K11 Certified Sports Nutritionist Certificate
7. Diploma in Nutrition and Fitness from Institute of Nutrition and Fitness Sciences (INFS)
It is a one-of-a-kind diploma course that combines science and evidence-based curriculum with practical experience to provide you with the highest quality nutrition and fitness education available.
You will not only gain scientific knowledge, but you will also be able to acquire the necessary skills to be effective in your career with this course. The diploma programme, which is worth 40 credits, is the only diet and fitness programme in the country that offers university-level education. You would be able to obtain a university education outside of the confines of a traditional classroom.
What you’ll learn:
- An understanding of diet, exercise science, and health that is in-depth, informative, and scientific.
- All you need to know about micro and macronutrients and how to integrate them into your diet.
- The major influence of one’s way of life on various aspects of one’s health
- Nutritional planning and weight control is a science.
- Human anatomy and physiology fundamentals
- The significance of resistance training, as well as a detailed description of exercises
- An overview of the various types of fitness equipment
- Training variables and how to control them to construct the best workout routines
- Company ethics and effective customer engagement methods
- Diet psychology, behaviour modification, and motivation are all topics included in this course.
Course Duration: 1200 hrs
Course Fee: 25500/-
The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
8. Diploma in Clinical And Therapeutic Nutritionist from Era University
The course is designed for medical professionals who want to gain a deeper understanding of diet management to enhance patient outcomes, especially in those who are often seen with obesity, diabetes, breastfeeding, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and eating disorders.
The role of therapeutic diets in the treatment of chronic illnesses and other dietary disorders is covered in this course. Nutrition is important not only for staying healthy but also for overcoming diseases and supplementing care. Along with the medications provided to the patient, it is a vital part of diet therapy in the treatment.
- to gain a thorough understanding of all food products and their nutritional value
- To have a better understanding of nutrition evaluation methods and prevention strategies.
- to understand how to tailor diet plans to specific needs or prescriptions
- Learn how to prescribe diets for a variety of medical and surgical conditions and diseases.
- To be able to supervise food preparation, packaging, and storage.
- Learn how to provide nutritional advice to patients and their families with a variety of medical conditions.
Course Duration: 2 years
10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in physics, chemistry, and maths/biology.
Course Fee: INR 60,000/-
9. Bachelor of Science in Ayurveda Dietetics and Nutrition from Apex Professional University
Ayurveda Bachelor of Science Apex Professional University – APU offers a three-year bachelor’s degree programme in nutrition and dietetics. Nutrition & Dietetics is a branch of medicine that studies all aspects of food and how it affects people’s bodies. The curriculum focuses on the study of food management and the promotion of good health through the consumption of nutritious foods. This entails advanced knowledge of how to improve one’s quality of life and overall well-being through dietary changes.
The curriculum is split into six six-month semesters. The curriculum entails a thorough examination of the nutrients that the body requires to function properly, as well as the foods that contain them. This is a rigorous programme with a curriculum that integrates nutrition science with a wider perspective on health, culture, and climate.
The curriculum provides information on dietary issues and eating behaviours, as well as learning about how good eating habits can improve human health.
- For National Students
- Biology or Life Sciences as one of the subjects in senior secondary (10+2) with a minimum of 50% marks
- For International Students
- For foreign candidates, the minimum qualifying test score is 50%, and they must have learned the prerequisite subjects for entry to the desired programme.
Duration: 3 years
Acharya Dhanwant Singh, IIM-A Alumnus
- Dietician Nutritionist
- Officer in charge of community education
- Medical Sales Representative Food Technologist Health Promotion Specialist International Aid/Development Worker Faculty Food Processing Consultant Nutritional Therapist Researcher
10. Online Certificate Course in Advanced Bariatric Nutrition from Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College Of Home Science
The Sir Vithaldas Thackersey College of Home Science (Autonomous) has taken the first step toward self-financing by launching the SVT ONLINE PROGRAMS. Academic collaborators Geeta Nutri Heal Consultancy: Nutrition Consultancy & DOSS (Diabetes and Obesity Surgical Solution, Pune) and technical collaborators Docmode worked together to create this course.
Advanced Bariatric Nutrition is an online course designed to help students gain clinical competency in areas such as dietary management and post-operative issues in bariatric surgery patients.
- M.Sc. Food, Nutrition, and Dietetics, M.Sc. Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, M.Sc. Specialized Dietetics, M.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics, M.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietitians who are self-employed, consulting, and practising with pre-requisite credentials and at least two years of experience are qualified.
- Experience in a clinical environment of a multi-speciality hospital for at least two years with a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
30 hours – 6 weeks self-paced; students will have one year from the date of enrollment to complete the course.
INR 3000 / USD 49
Bariatric hospitals, multi-speciality hospitals with obesity clinics, weight management services, and bariatric diet consultants are all available.
11. EDX Course – The Science of Weight Loss: Dispelling Diet Myths
This food and nutrition course will debunk popular weight loss myths and show you the science behind healthy eating for a healthy weight, whether you are trying to lose weight yourself or helping others.
This course is not a diet plan; there are a plethora of diet plans available. Instead, we’ll walk you through the science of weight loss and equip you with the expertise and support you need to make the best choices.
What you’ll learn:
- Body composition, calories and kilojoules, energy density, portion size, and metabolic rate are all important weight loss principles.
- The nutritional content of various foods
- How to measure energy needs and use dietary evaluation tools
- What distinguishes fad diets from balanced diets?
- Key behaviours for good long-term weight loss maintenance
- Clare E. Collins
- Tracy Burrows
Course Duration: 6 weeks
Course Fee: Free
For $3,588.00, add a Verified Certificate you will receive after completion of the course.