Students from the Science background are not only very hardworking but also intelligent. And those who have Physics, Chemistry and Maths together in their plus two’s have several high salary career options open in front of them. Those who have a liking for these subjects can pursue a course that is not only suitable for their taste but also well rewarding.
List of Best Courses after 12th Science with PCM in India
1. Engineering Courses (B.E. and B. Tech)
Engineering is the most opted course amongst students studying with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. This is a field that deals with technology and its applications. It is the stream of science that is concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines, and other technology.
There are two types of course which you can opt-in Engineering:
a. BE (Bachelor of Engineering):
This course consists of theoretical knowledge related to engineering which is needed to innovate technology. In this course theoretical knowledge is more than practice knowledge and the curriculum is based on theoretical knowledge.
b. BTech (Bachelor of Technology):
This course consists of practical knowledge or focuses on the application and skill-based study. This course emphasizes practical knowledge more than the theoretical one.
Although both the courses have the same curriculum still students can opt for any one of them as per their interest because both the courses are valued equally.
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering Courses:
- The students who want to opt for engineering must have the following subjects in their class 12th
- The students who want to study with engineering have to sit for an entrance exam known as JEE Mains.
- The admission in a college will be on the basis of the student’s rank in the entrance exam.
Types of Engineering Course:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Biochemical and Biomedical Engineering
- Aerospace/ Aeronautics Engineering
2. Architecture (B.Arch)
This course is a mixture of many different streams, like Environment studies, Humanities, Mathematics, Engineering, and Aesthetics – the different fields of architecture. This course consists of project work, assignments, theory subjects, studio work, and research work, all of which make the course creative and interesting. Architecture also helps you to build team-building skills as many assignments are given in groups and apart from this your communication skills, creative skills, and creative thinking skills develop too. The duration of the course is 5 years.
Eligibility Criteria for Architecture (B.Arch):
- The student who is opting for this course should have a minimum of 50% in his/her class 12 board exams.
- The students who opt for this course should have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in their plus twos.
- The student should clear NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) with 80% marks conducted by the Council of Architecture (CoA).
Admission Procedure for Architecture (B.Arch):
- The procedure of taking admission in Architecture (B.Arch.) is:
- Firstly, the students have to open the official website of the Institute and get the application form.
- They need to fill-up the form with all necessary documents needed.
- If there is any registration fee then make the payment.
- After they have completed filling up the form and payment then they should make sure to take a print of the form for future need.
- The students have to sit for any architecture entrance exams like NATA and JEE MAIN etc.
- After students have given the exam, they will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance for the counseling process after which on the basis of skills and availability of seats, students will be given admission.
3. Bachelor of Computer Applications (B.C.A)
This course consists of both practical and theoretical knowledge in computer applications and software engineering. Students who are interested in the computer science and applications field and wish to learn various things like networking, software engineering, hardware engineering, website designing, etc. should opt for this course. This course provides you with knowledge in the field of an industrial computing system which helps you to develop the requirements of the IT world. In this course students get to learn subjects like Discrete Mathematics, Database Management system, Digital Computer programing, Computer Networks, Cloud Computing, etc. Students are required to learn different important and latest software languages which are JAVA, Oracle, C++, Python, etc in this course as there is a huge demand for these in the tech industry.
Eligibility Criteria for BCA:
- The student who is opting for this course should have a minimum of 50% or above in his/her class 12 board exams.
- One should have English as their mandatory subject.
- The minimum age limit to join BCA is 18 years although it is not mandatory for many colleges.
Admission Procedure for BCA:
The admission of students depends on two things Entrance exam and merit list released by colleges and universities.
Entrance Exam Admission:
- The entrance exams for students are IPU-CET, SET, etc.
- The students who opt for this course have to sit for the entrance exams and as they qualify, they will be called for the counseling process or a personal interview round.
Admission on the basis of Merit:
- The student has to visit the official website of the particular institute and get the application form for admission in the B.C.A course.
- The student needs to fill the form with all the necessary documents.
- After completing this process, the final selection will be done on the basis of the Ground discussion or Personal Interview
Also Read: 10 Best Certification Courses After BCA
4. Bachelor in Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
This course is an undergraduate degree in the field of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical science. This course mainly consists of the study of drugs and medicine, their pharmacological action, chemical structure, formulations, and biochemistry, etc. It’s is a 4-year course and has 8 semesters. Students studying with B. Pharmacy can become a Drug Safety Associate or if they want, they can go into Clinical Research or Pharmacovigilance sector. Students can also become an R&D scientist or open their own Pharmacy. The students studying with this course can also further increase their qualifications by doing M. Pharm, Ph.D., LLB and MBA after completing B Pharm course.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Pharm:
- Students should have these following subjects as mandatory subjects in their class 12th
- They have to sit for an entrance exam such as MET, BITSAT, NIPER JEE, KCET, etc.
Admission Procedure for B.Pharm:
- The students who are opting for this course need to sit for an entrance exam. Although many colleges take admission on the basis of the student’s marks obtained in their class 12th (Science).
- If the student is sitting for the entrance exam then one has to do well in the exam so that one gets admission to a good college.
Firstly, the students who are applying for Merchant Navy should know the difference between Merchant Navy and Navy. The difference is that the Merchant Navy is about commercial and international trade and Navy is about the defense of the country. Every year a huge number of employees are employed by the Merchant ships. These employees help the ships to carry and deliver goods from one country to another country. Much of the imports and exports depend on the Merchant Navy. This course is for those students who have a thing for traveling to different places around the world.
Eligibility Criteria for Merchant Navy Course:
The students have to follow the following criteria for being eligible for Merchant Navy course:
- The student applying for this course has to be an Indian citizen.
- The student applying for this course should be unmarried.
- The student applying for this course has to have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as one’s mandatory subjects in class 12th along with which one needs to have a minimum of 55% to 70% marks in their class 12th board examination.
- The student needs to have a certificate of fitness from a registered medical practitioner.
- The students applying for this course are required to have good eye-sight which should be 6/12 on each eye or 6/18 for a distant vision. Although students having specs up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed to apply.
- The students applying for this course have to sit for an entrance exam and after passing that exam they will be given admission.
- In this course ship, training is mandatory for all.
Admission Procedure for Merchant Navy Course:
1. Admission on the basis of entrance exam:
The students who want to apply for Merchant Navy have to sit for an entrance exam.
Some of those entrance exams are:
- IMU CET
- JEE ADVANCE
- MERI ENTRANCE EXAM
- TMI SAT
2. Scholarship Based Entry:
There are colleges that provide admission to students on the bases of there class 12th board examination marks.
The students who want a career in Physics first need to have a Bachelor’s degree in Physics. For that, they need to have science in their class 12th and along with that they need to score well in Physics and Mathematics in their class 12th, so that they can get admission to a good college for pursuing their bachelor’s degree in Physics.
Career Options With A Bachelor Degree in Physics are:
- Accelerator Operator
- Application Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Design Engineer
- High School Physics Teacher
- IT Consultant
- Lab Technician
- Laser Engineer
- Optical Engineer
- Research Associate
Students can further pursue higher education in the field of physics which are:
- MSc (Master of Science)
- Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy)
The students who want to opt for Mathematics as their career option first have to have a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics. For that they need to have studied with science in their class 12th and need to do well in Mathematics in class 12th board exams.
Career Options With A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics:
- Actuarial Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Research Scientist (Maths)
- Secondary School Teacher
- System developer
The students who have the will and want to serve their National career in defense is worth opting for. The career in defense is the most prestigious career. If any student is looking forward to joining the defense services then they need to sit for an entrance exam known as the National Defence Academy (NDA) Entrance Exam after class 12th.
Career Options in Defense Are:
- The Indian Army
- The Indian Navy
- The Indian Air Force
- Indian Coast Guard
9. B.Sc. Forensic Science
This course is about laboratory-based science which consists of things related to Chemistry, Toxicology, Ballistic, the Science of Fingerprint, Questioned Documents, and Impressions. This course includes Forensic Pathology, Psychiatry, Psychology, Forensic Medicine, and Odontology (Dentistry). This course also includes crime – scene investigation which are including fire and explosion scenes and drug laboratories.
This course requires a few of the following things from the students opting this course:
- Good knowledge in the science subjects
- Requires a great level of attention and accuracy
- Great observation skills
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. Forensic Science:
- The student opting for this course must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology as their mandatory subjects in class 12th
- The students must have a minimum of 55% in their class 12th board examination.
- The students who want to opt for this course have to sit for an entrance exam.
Admission Procedure for B.Sc. Forensic Science:
- There are a few Institutions that grant admission on the basis of the student’s performance in the entrance exam.
- Whereas there are other institutions that provide admission to students on the basis of their marks obtained in their class 12th board examination if they full fill the cut-off criteria.
10. Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc IT)
BSc IT course consists of the field of Information Technology, which includes storing, processing, securing, and managing information. Networks, software development, and testing, information database, and programming, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for BSc IT:
- The students who want to opt for this course must have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in class 12.
- Students wanting to opt for this course must also score a minimum aggregate score of 50% in their class 12 boards.
Admission Procedure for Bsc IT:
- In some colleges the admission is taken on the basis of the marks the students score in their class 12 board examination.
- The admission is also taken through entrance exams. Some of the entrance exams for B. Sc. IT are:
- CG PAT
- ICAR AIEER
- IIT JAM
There are several possible opportunities for those who are studying subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Above than the courses from which one can choose from are very efficient and job orientated. The courses give one a great opportunity to get a highly paid salary after one completes it. Hence all these options are not only very good options but also satisfactory in terms of the monetary needs of the candidates.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
Is 12th Science PCM tough?
As per my experience, 12th Science PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) is tougher than Commerce & Arts. But if you are comparing it with PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) then it totally depends on the interest of the student because Biology & Maths cannot be compared.
What exams can be given after the 12th PCM?
There are multiple exams which you can give after 12th Science PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) like JEE, NDA, AIEEE, Law, etc.
Can a PCM Student become a doctor?
If you want to become a doctor you must take PCB or PCMB. As Biology is the most important subject which is considered for Medical entrance exams, it is complicated to become a doctor with PCM. But if you need the tag of doctor you can do a Ph.D. after Graduation & Post Graduation.
Is PCB easy?
As per my experience 12th Science PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) is tougher than Commerce & Arts. But if you are comparing it with PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Maths) then it totally depends on the interest of the student because PCB students are normally intended to go in Medical related field & PCM students are normally intended to go in Engineering related field.
What can I do after 12th Science PCM?
There are multiple career options you can opt for after 12th Science PCM like Engineering, Architecture, Merchant Navy, etc which are listed above.
Can a PCM Student become CA?
Yes, a PCM Student can become a CA. You need to prepare for CPT conducted by ICAI and appear for it. Also, it is recommended to opt for any commerce degree like BCom or BAF which will give you the advantage to become a CA.
Can PCM Student give NEET Exam?
No, A PCM Student cannot give NEET Exam because for appearing in that exam Biology is a compulsory subject that is not available in PCM.
Is PCB harder than PCM?
It is like comparing Apples with Oranges. It totally depends on the student interest because some are good in Biology and some are good at Maths.
Is PCM easy?
If you are preparing for the subjects wisely & attending the lectures regularly then yes PCM is easy for you else you know the answer better.