The digital marketing industry is a rapidly growing industry and is burning hot with opportunities for the youth as every company wishes to leave an impact on the vast worldwide web. There is no better place than online platforms for branding, marketing, and advertising. And therefore, the demand for those who can efficiently navigate through this space is continuously rising. This industry is fast-paced, challenging, & innovative, and being a part of this industry is one of the most profitable ways to boost your career.
Know About Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is a constituent of marketing and uses advanced digital technologies in order to promote a company’s products or services over the world wide web in order to reach the target audiences using digital channels. These channels can be social media platforms, websites, search engines, or even emails.
Work Of A Digital Marketer
Digital Marketers are in charge of planning and implementing the marketing campaigns, surveying the analytical reports, and building the presence of the company online. This would automatically mean that they are the ones who are overseeing the brand awareness drives and fostering traffic for the company’s website through proper utilization of several digital channels. They can take up several roles and focus on a distinctive objective for each digital channel to compute the company’s performance over these channels. The digital marketer can use digital channels like blog content, email marketing, and digital advertising.
Scope of Digital Marketing in India
Every person in the business world who want to promote and reach a higher level needs to use digital marketing. It has emerged as one of the fastest ways of promotion and advertising in the marketing field with the company reaching out to a wider audience. Every company is now shifting its focus to digital marketing and financing in it. India’s digital economy is also on a rise causing digital marketing to become a necessity. According to the reports of IndianExpress, 85% of the revenues tracked by the marketers are via digital marketing. E-marketing is constantly contributing greatly to the increasing revenue of companies causing digital marketing to become an eminent part of marketing and a part and parcel of every company’s promotional activities.
As the scope is widening with each passing day, the need to have digital marketers in several companies is also on the rise. Hence the hiring trend for digital marketing professionals has increased rapidly in accordance with the past years and is bound to escalate further in the upcoming years as well.
Educational Qualification Required To Become Digital Marketer
Digital marketing is an exhaustive field and the qualifications can differ according to the job positions. A Bachelors’s in marketing and related fields can be good enough for anyone to start off in this field. If someone doesn’t happen to be from the marketing background, they can still think of a career in this field by doing some online courses, receiving certifications, and job skill training.
Best Digital Marketing Courses in India
Digital marketing courses are necessary as it strengthens the fundamental skills and knowledge base of the individual and increases the chances of landing in their first job. The digital marketing courses can broad in spectrum and teaches Social media marketing, Content Marketing, Paid Search (PPC) using Google Ads, Email Marketing, Digital Marketing Strategies, Website Optimization, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and others.
Some popular free courses pursued to become Digital Marketer are as follow:
- AdWords Certification through Google Academy for Ads.
- Analytics Certification through Google Analytics.
- Inbound Certification and Email Marketing through HubSpot Academy.
- Bing Ads Accredited Professional.
Some popular paid courses pursued by people are as follow:
- Digital Marketing Masterclass in Udemy.
- Digital Marketing Specialization through Coursera.
- Digital Marketing Nanodegree Program in Udacity with a learning duration of 3 months.
- Facebook Ad Certification via Facebook Business.
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional via NIIT.
Other Institutions Offering Digital Marketing Courses
- Digital Marketing for Business Growth – IIM, Bangalore
- Digital and Social Media Marketing Strategies – ISB, Hyderabad
- Executive Development Program in Digital Marketing – XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Executive Programme on Digital and Social Media Marketing Strategy – IIM, Calcutta
Skills Required To Become A Digital Marketer
The typical digital marketing skills can be divided into two sub-categories of core skills and soft skills.
Core Skills to become digital marketer are:
- Analytical skills to understand market metrics and increase the effectiveness of paid campaigns.
- Having proper keyword knowledge so it can be used in the contents created.
- Understanding of customer behavior in order to strategize the long-term objectives of the company
- Understanding how to engage customers in order to gain their goodwill by creating personalized posts and addressing their grievances.
- Having a proper command over English to generate error-free content for the ads, website, and social media platforms.
Soft Skills required to become digital marketer are:
- Top-notch Communication Skills,
- Creativity and Innovative Thinking Ideas
- Critical Thinking
- Ever Learning Attitude
Job Options In Digital Marketing Industry
There are several career options from which an individual can choose one particular option that suits their skills and certification –
- Digital Marketing Manager – The one who is responsible for planning and managing the designed marketing campaigns, maintaining the online brand presence of the organization.
- SEO Specialist – Ensures that there is an increase in traffic on the company’s website through on-page and off-page search engine optimization, making use of the keyword research strategies, and maintaining the reports of the performance.
- Social Media Marketer – Design and carry out social media campaigns to raise audience interaction, engagement, and conduct promotion through social media platforms.
- Search Engine Marketer – Designs and carry out the paid search campaigns and looking into the methods that would generate maximum ROI on paid campaigns.
- Content Marketer – Designs SEO friendly content, editing, and optimizing the content in the website and keeping the engagement of the audience active through the unique and innovative content creation.
- Inbound Marketer – Strategizes, designs, and creates methods to attract customers via content.
- E-Mail Marketer – Generates leads by designing the email marketing campaigns to promote the brand, its products or services, and reaching the target audiences properly.
- Web Analyst / Data Analyst – Are responsible for creating reports of market research and analysis by utilizing the website analytics tools.
Also Read: SEO Training Courses Online in India
Salary Digital Marketers Earn in India
The pay package is pretty attractive for all the people who are just entering this industry. The pay package is sufficient enough and has motivated several individuals to think of their careers in the digital marketing industry.
- Digital Marketing Manager – 1.9 to 10 LPA
- SEO Specialist – 1.0 to 4.03 LPA
- Social Media Marketer – 1.79 to 7.26 LPA
- Search Engine Marketer – 2.57 to 7.32 LPA
- Content Marketer – 3.7 to 10 LPA
- Email Marketer – 2.2 to 10 LPA
- Web Analyst – 1.8 to 6.66 LPA
The momentum of digital marketing is on an increase with each passing day. As more people are getting the opportunity to be present in the world wide web and technology getting advanced the door of opportunities are increasing for all the digital marketing aspirants.