Yes, it’s possible to do MBBS in USA without NEET. There are many medical colleges that accept the AIPMT score as an alternative to NEET for admission. Many universities conduct their own admission test along with the CMAT or NAT for admission to their undergraduate programmes. Apart from that, there are some colleges which are willing to give you admission based on your performance in the 12th board examination. If you want to study MBBS in a reputed university of USA and willing to give up on your NEET exam, then follow these steps:
Check the eligibility criteria for MBBS in USA
The first and foremost thing is to ensure your eligibility for entry into a medical school in USA. You should be aware of the admission criteria of the universities before you plan to study MBBS in USA. You can also find this information on the university website.
The basic eligibility criteria for MBBS programs in USA includes the following:
- Candidates must have finished grades 10 and 12.
- A 12th grade diploma in a science subject, such as biology, physics, chemistry, etc., is required of applicants.
- Good MCAT results Although as a general rule, the majority of American universities do not set a minimum MCAT score. However, scores over 510 are typically regarded as excellent. Score from the MCAT shouldn’t be older than four years.
- The student must pass an English proficiency test because the curriculum is in English. IELTS (score: 6.5 to 7.0) and TOEFL are the two test results that are taken into account for this reason (Score: 90 to 100)
Understand the process of getting MBBS degree in USA
After finding out that you are eligible for MBBS in USA, you can now follow the process of getting an admission to a medical school in USA.
The process to get admission to MBBS in USA is as follows:
- Visit the university website and check the admission requirements. Some universities may require you to take the SAT or ACT exam. Others may prefer the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- Start your application process at least 6-8 months in advance to avoid last minute stress.
- Once your application form and all other required documents are submitted, the admission team will review your performance and will decide your admission.
If you are selected for admission, you will get an admission letter along with the visa information.
AIPMT score is still relevant for MBBS in USA
If you are worried that your exam has become irrelevant and you can’t do MBBS in USA, don’t worry. AIPMT scores are still relevant for admission to undergraduate medical programmes and you can do MBBS in USA after scoring good marks in AIPMT. So, you can start your preparation for AIPMT without worrying about your future. Even after the implementation of NEET in 2017, some universities in USA remain outside the ambit of NEET. That is why they are accepting AIPMT score as an alternative to NEET. So, if you are worried about your future, AIPMT score will help you in getting admission to MBBS in USA.
Find out which universities are accepting AIPMT score
Here comes the most important part of this article where you can find a list of universities in USA that are accepting AIPMT score for admission to MBBS.
The list includes the universities that conduct their own admission test along with the CMAT or NAT and those universities that are willing to give you admission based on your performance in the 12th board examination.
So, before you start your preparation, you can find out the universities that are accepting AIPMT score for admission to MBBS in USA.
Here is the list of universities accepting AIPMT score for admission to MBBS:
- Illinois Institute of Technology: Illinois Institute of Technology is a reputed university in USA where you can do MBBS after scoring good marks in AIPMT.
- Northwestern University: Northwestern University is the top university in the list where you can study MBBS after scoring good marks in AIPMT.
- Rush Medical College: Rush Medical College is another top university where you can do MBBS after scoring good marks in AIPMT.
- Stanford University: Stanford University is a top university in the list where you can do MBBS after scoring good marks in AIPMT.
Find a suitable university to do MBBS in USA
After going through the list of universities accepting AIPMT score for admission to MBBS, you can now find a suitable university to do MBBS in USA. You should choose the university that offers the course you are interested in. You can also seek help from your friends or relatives who have already studied MBBS in USA. They will be able to guide you in finding a suitable university to do MBBS in USA. Apart from that, you can also use the internet to find a suitable university to do MBBS in USA. You can visit the university website and gather information about the course, admission procedure, and infrastructure. You can also read the reviews given by the previous students of that university.
Prepare for AIPMT exam to crack the exam
You have already gone through the article and now you must be aware of the importance of AIPMT. You can now start your preparation for AIPMT exam. You can start with the diagnostic test to know your strengths and weaknesses in the exam. You can then follow a systematic approach to crack the exam by improving your weak areas and can get selected for admission to MBBS in USA. Apart from that, you can also get the AIPMT mock test to improve your preparation in an effective manner. You can also read the AIPMT syllabus to know the topics that are being covered in the exam. You can also refer the best books to crack AIPMT to increase your chances of getting admission to MBBS in USA.
So, these were the steps to do MBBS in USA without the NEET exam. You can start your preparation for the AIPMT exam by following the tips mentioned above. If you are preparing for the exam, then you should keep in mind that the weightage of Biology and Chemistry has been reduced as per the new pattern. So, you can start your preparation accordingly.